Monday, November 2, 2009

What a Weekend

Wow!  What a weekend.  Halloween on Saturday and my birthday on Sunday. 

We were busy working on some birthday presents and sales orders last week.  The photo of the brown sweatshirt shows the use of a wash away topping.  The topping is a form of starch and washes out.  In this photo the starch hadn't completely washed out.  We cleaned it up before we sent it on its way, of course. 






The towel, wash rag, and bag are for a friend to give as Christmas presents.  They turned out really cute.



Thursday evening I spent next door helping to create a Halloween costume out of 2 fleece, animal print throws.  In the end, we create Neanderthrill.  Her costume was so cute.  We even sewed part of the fabric to her shoes. 


Saturday morning I received a call from a neighbor needing help altering his costume.  He needed a slit up the middle of his dracula's wife costume.  We had a blast altering his costume.

Sunday was my birthday and I wanted to go to Ft. Pickens and ride the beach road from Pensacola Beach to Navarre.  I had not done either since before Hurricane Ivan.  It was an absolutely gorgeous day and George and I had a ball. The sand was sugar white.  So white, in fact, that at times it was blinding.  We drove the whole way with the windows down, feeling the clean, fresh air.  Just a delightful afternoon. 

When we arrived home, all of that clean air made me drowsy.  George suggested that I take a nap.  After all it was my birthday.  So, we turned on our latest favorite movie "A Good Year" with Russel Crowe and I napped on the sofa.  We were to have dinner next door at my neighbor's home at 6:00.  I guess I awoke around 5:30 and we prepared to leave for our dinner engagement.  Upon arrival next door, the neighborhood surprised me with a birthday party, including party hats and more food than an army could eat.  Our neighbors are such good cooks.  We started out with a glass of wine and a wilted salad.  This salad would make Paula Deen envious.  Then we had one of my favorite foods, shepherds pie.  Finally, the birthday cake which was another favorite of mine -- Boston Cream Pie in the shape of a cake.  We opened presents and had wonderful conversations.  This neighborhood group is just the best.

Here it is, Monday morning.  The start of a new week.  My to-do list is packed for today.  Guess I better get going.

C'est tout mes amis.

No comments:

Post a Comment