Friday, December 18, 2009

Cajun Corner - Vol. 1, No. 30

Cajun Corner – Vol. 1, No. 30 – DECEMBER 18, 2009


Bon Jour! Welcome to Cajun Stitchery’s weekly email and welcome to our family.

ΘΘΘΘΘ

The house is decorated and what do you suppose our theme is this year…SANTA’S WORK SHOP, of course.

Next week is Christmas. There is still time to get your orders in on a rush basis and get them back by Christmas, but you better hurry.

George and I realized this week that we don’t have any presents under the tree for each other. We’ve been too busy to shop or think of shopping. Heck, we still haven’t sent out our Christmas cards or baked cookies. Hopefully, we’ll get all of that done this weekend. Wish us luck.

After Christmas we need to turn our thoughts to New Year’s Resolutions. I love them. It gives me time to reflect on the past year and hope for the new year. Where are we heading in the new year? What do we want to accomplish? What do we want to improve? Of course, there will always be the resolutions to lose weight and stop smoking. I’ve had those resolutions for the majority of my life. Ha!

There are still little embroidery projects that I haven’t had time to do and share. I wanted to do some notepad holders and see if anyone would be interested in them. They have a magnet and go on your refrigerator with one of those little notepads held in place. I’m looking at my refrigerator now and see that I have three magnetic notepads up there. I took a piece of magnetic strip and glued it to a pencil so I would have the pad and pencil right there. I love those things. They are so practical and handy to use.

Another project that I actually wanted to do for myself was a magnet for the dishwasher. It’s a square (or could be any shape) with “Clean” embroidered on one end and “Dirty” embroidered upside down on the other end. If the dishes in the dishwasher are clean, then you put the magnet showing “Clean” and you know not to put dirty dishes in there. Vice versa for the dirty dishes, if the magnet is showing “Dirty”, then you know not to pick up a dish and eat off of it.

One of the projects I did, but I only made one sample of each and I intended to do so much more. That was the little freestanding lace Christmas tree ornaments. There is a picture in the blog. Those have such potential and are beautiful.

One of our big sellers this year was the napkins. Next year I want to highlight something different. Oh, the napkins will always be around with the myriad of colors and plethora of designs. But each year should have a different star product. I think everyone has more tote bags and purses than they can handle. If not, they are still and always will be available. We need something different. I’m working on it. It will be a surprise for you and me.

George and I always laugh about how frugal I am. Mama used to say that I was not frugal, I was just very creative. She said I reminded her of her grandmother. Someday I’ll have to write about all of the things my boys and I did when they were growing up in Orlando. Most of the time we were as poor as a church mouse, but we had the richest life, never boring and always something new and exciting going on. I would say “those were the days” but different town, different year, different circumstances, still living the rich life, and never bored. As I always told my boys: Prosperity and success have nothing to do with money; they have everything to do with the quality of your life.

So, crank up your Christmas music and, as my sister used to tell me, get in that kitchen and rattle those pots and pans. This weekend is for baking all of those delicious Christmas delicacies that are too rich to enjoy any other time of the year.

If you need the little personalized totes, email me or give me a call. We have a bunch of the totes in stock. The tote with a name or initials embroidered for $5.00 plus tax. Order them while we still have the totes. They make such a unique and personalized gift container.

The gift certificates are still available in the denomination of your choice – no tax. Great last minute gift, stocking stuffer, etc.
Always remember that we are just a call or email away at cajunstitchery@yahoo.com or 850-261-2462 and place your order.

ΘΘΘΘΘ

Boudreaux met up with his buddies at a nearby watering hole after a hard day’s work.

Thibodeaux said, “Boudreaux, we got some bad news and good news to tell you!”

Boudreaux said, “Well, you might as well give me the bad news first…”

Thibodeaux: “Unfortunately, Boudreaux, we found your wife floating face down in Bayou Lafourche! I’m very sorry!”

Boudeaux, wailing: “Oh, how could that be? How could that be? After news like that, what could the GOOD NEWS possibly be?”

Thibodeaux: “The good news is that we found eleven blue crab on her, and we’re thinking about running her again tonight!”

ΘΘΘΘΘ

French phrase of the week: raconter (v.t.) to recount; to tell [a story or a narrative]; to tell about. Raconte-moi de tes nouvelles. (Tell me your news.)

ΘΘΘΘΘ

From www.ecofriendlytips.com

A friend of mine was so appalled to tell me the other day that her stepmom has re-gifted her with a beauty product that was obviously used. It had about 10% of it already gone from the bottle. While we advocate re-gifting, there is a right way of doing this without being tacky.

What items can you possibly regift without looking too cheap for doing so? Here are some suggestions:

Check your kitchen. I am pretty sure you have a box or two lying around with an unused bowl, plates or glasses in it. These are great gifts to give to neighbors or married cousins. Just make sure to clean and dust off the box and put a pretty bow on it and you’re good to go.

Give away old books. If you have a book reader friend, books, no matter if they are used, would be perfect. I know a lot of bookworms who still hunt second hand thrift stores for treasured finds, so I know they wouldn’t mind getting second hands. Give them five of each, they will love gorging on it.

Gift vintage accessories. And by vintage we mean those necklaces and beaded bracelets found in your cabinet. The older they are, the better and the fashionable and trendy they will look. Best persons to give this to? Young 20somethings who know their vintage fashion.

Wine is always perfect. Since they age well when stored for years, it doesn’t matter if the bottle has been in your stack since 1973. Also, it’s the best one to gift if you are running out of ideas to give someone.

Please let me know if there is something that you would like to see in the weekly email. You may always call me at (850) 261-2462 or email me at cajunstitchery@yahoo.com.

If you are not a subscriber and would like to receive Cajun Corner weekly, please email cajunstitchery@yahoo.com and let me know to put you on our email list.

C’est tout, mes amis

Peggy Henshall
Cajun Stitchery
(850) 261-2462
cajunstitchery@yahoo.com

P.S. You are always welcome to stop by and look at all of the new catalogs and pass some time with me, cher.

SALE OF THE WEEK (Good through Thursday, December 24, 2009)

Something special for Christmas.

With all of those napkins everyone has been purchasing, we decided you need napkin rings. These beautiful “in-the-hoop” napkin rings secure with a ribbon in the back. These napkins rings are hand made at Cajun Stitchery. We thank Embroidery Library for the photographs.

Your name or initials may be substituted for the pictured design.

One set of 4 custom hand made napkin rings = $25.00


One set of 4 custom hand made napkin rings with 4 non-embroidered, 20” x 20”, cloth napkins = $30.00

Christmas is right around the corner – have you done your shopping yet? Take advantage of this week’s special and get ahead of the shopping rush.
Cajun Stitchery

No comments:

Post a Comment