Thursday, December 17, 2009

We Wish You A Merry Christmas...

I wasn't going to post anything again until Cajun Corner in the morning but poo yie things have been happening around here.


We've been embroidering tee shirts and sweatshirts and all sorts of things.


Last night was the Christmas party for my Wednesday night girls.  Everyone was to bring one gift and some food.  We could have fed a small nation.  I brought the vegetable tray, a la Food World.  Most of the other girls cooked and made exquisitely rich dishes.  Debbie brought dessert directly from Jay's Bakery.  Bottom line is all 13 girls at like little piglets.  We laughed.  We ate.  We drank.  We opened presents.  Two of the girls brought a little something for each of us.  Then I played Santa.  Santa is a perfect role for me and my finned friends have realized that and indulge me each year.  Each girl had a number and each package had a number.  No.  We did not play Dirty Santa because some of the girls had to go to work today and it would have taken us too long to get out of there.  Each number was called and a gift delivered.   The girl would open the gift as we all watched and commented with the appropriate ooooohs and ahhhhs.  Once we were satiated with that gift, we moved onto the next number and began again.  We toasted everyone and everything.  We sang the 12 Days of Christmas and several choruses of We Wish You A Merry Christmas.  Luckily, I did not feel like Celine Dion last night.  In the end, we hugged, kissed and wished each other a happy and safe holiday season.  Several of the girls are going out of town and we won't be meeting next Wednesday evening.  The evening was such a joy. 


The gift I brought to the party was a red table or mantle runner with a Christmas palm tree embroidered on either end.  Included in the gift were two green tapered candles.  My dear friend Charlotte received my gift and seemed please.  The table runner was taken so well that another friend has asked me to embroider one for her daughter and son-in-law.  The tree is outlined in metallic gold.  What do you think?

No comments:

Post a Comment