Friday, January 15, 2010

Cajun Corner, Vol. 2, No. 3

Cajun Corner – Vol. 2, No. 3 – JANUARY 15, 2010


Bon Jour! Welcome to Cajun Stitchery’s weekly email and welcome to our family.

ΘΘΘΘΘ
Many thanks to my friends who help me catch my faux pas. One such friend pointed out to me last week that I should have started Volume 2 in 2010. This should actually be the 3rd issue of Volume 2 since this is the 3rd issue of Cajun Corner in 2010.

The King Kake Party last Saturday was a huge success for the Krewe as well as Cajun Stitchery. I don’t think I’ve ever handed out so many business cards at one venue yet. It was fabulous.

Remember the Krewe of Drew sweatshirt that my friend had me create. I still cannot get over what a sleeper that was. My friend presented the sweatshirt to her friend for Christmas. Her friend wore the sweatshirt to the Krewe of Wrecks meeting. Another lady at the Krewe of Wrecks meeting wanted one. She contacted me and actually wanted 2. The original recipient of the sweatshirt called and wanted the fleur de lis embroidered on her hoody. Now people I don’t even know are messaging me on Facebook ordering them. It didn’t hurt that the Krewe of Wrecks a/k/a KOW’s photographer took a picture of the embroidery and posted it on her Facebook with glowing remarks.

Then there were the fingerless gloves/arm warmers. The one’s with the fish are still on Etsy. No nibbles there. One pair was given in a basket at our Krewe’s raffle last week and two pairs were given as birthday presents. Since then I’ve made about 4 or 5 pairs. I actually haven’t sold any at this point but everyone loves them and it’s just a matter of time and getting out there with the people. The new construction method is working out perfectly. The gloves are much warmer, softer, and simpler.

The Krewe of Junkanoo jackets are still coming in. Photographs of the jackets are posted on the blog. The Junkanoo Chili Cook Off is this coming Saturday (tomorrow) and our aprons will be given as prizes. Can’t wait to hear those comments.

I have not gotten around to working on my site at etsy.com. About Wednesday of this week George and I both started feeling poorly. I think we may be over whatever it was but that bout knocked us on our derrieres. We would be up and feeling fine and then it was like all of our strength just left and we would crash. We had body aches, sore throat, and just plain old fatigue. Sounds like a cold to me and I hope we’ve seen the last of it.

Tonight is our Krewe of Nereids’ Moon Pie Party at the Shaker on Pensacola Beach. If you are local, it starts at 7 o’clock. Come out and join in the fun and catch a moon pie.

This weekend is all about Mardi Gras, parties and floats. I love this time of year but it is exhausting.

Our cold snap has finally ended – for now. Today the high is 66 and low is 50. Perfect weather for our party and a nice reprieve from the frigid temperatures we have been experiencing lately. The garden is looking sad but there are still some things green out there.

We have a new item that we plan on marketing. It’s a surprise. As soon as I get some done, you will know. Although we still have tons of napkins and can still get whatever color you like, our new item will, hopefully, be as successful this year as the napkins were last year. It’s just another item to add to the list of possibilities for gift giving.

Always remember that we are just a call or email away at cajunstitchery@yahoo.com or 850-261-2462 and place your order.

ΘΘΘΘΘ

Boudreaux and Thibodaux were walking down a country road when they came upon a young woman with a flat on her bicycle. Boudreaux stopped to help her with a flat and Thibodaux continued on down the road. Soon after, Boudreaux came riding up on the bike and Thibodaux asked him what happened. " Well" said Boudreaux, "I stopped and fixed de flat for dat chick and after i did dat, she took off her panties, lay down in de grass and told me to take whatever I wanted. I chose dis bicycle." Thibodaux said, "Me friend, you did just the right thing, cause dem panties probably wouldn't have fit you anyway."

ΘΘΘΘΘ

French phrase of the week: va-t-et-vient (n.m.) [VAH TEH VYEn] comings and goings; hubbub of activity.

ΘΘΘΘΘ

From: http://alephnull.net/eco/precycle.shtml

• Don't take bags when making a small purchase

• Use a reusable cloth or string bag when shopping, not plastic or paper

• Use sponges instead of paper towels, and cloth napkins instead of paper

• Look for containers that can be reused or at least recycled (glass and aluminum). Reusable containers are an even better way of recycling.

• Don't buy single use, throw-away products (such as razors, plastic utensils, paper plates, etc.) - look for ones that can be used repetitively.

• Buy fruits and vegetables, grains, pastas and any loose items without packaging (especially avoid styrofoam and plastic packaging)

• Don't buy plastic

• If it is possible to find dairies that refill milk containers in a refillable and reusable bottle. likewise honey and peanut butter can be purchased in refillable bulk containers. Try eco-minded health food stores.

• Avoid the "aseptic drink box" made of layers of paper, plastic and aluminum - it can not be recycled. Instead use drink containers that are reusable or at least recycled.

Please let me know if there is something that you would like to see in the weekly email. You may always call me at (850) 261-2462 or email me at cajunstitchery@yahoo.com.

If you are not a subscriber and would like to receive Cajun Corner weekly, please email cajunstitchery@yahoo.com and let me know to put you on our email list.

C’est tout, mes amis

Peggy Henshall

Cajun Stitchery

(850) 261-2462

cajunstitchery@yahoo.com

P.S. You are always welcome to stop by and look at all of the new catalogs and pass some time with me, cher.

Cajun Stitchery

No comments:

Post a Comment