Thursday, January 14, 2010

Mardi Gras Season - Week 1

Last Saturday was our King Kake Party welcoming in the Mardi Gras season.  Our parade is always the Sunday before Mardi Gras.  This year our parade day will also be Valentine's Day.  There should be plenty of purple, green and gold hearts popping up this year.

Monday was the best day that Cajun Stitchery has had yet.  We were busy morning until night.  It was wonderful.

Tuesday we came down with a bug of some sort.  I'm over it now but George has it.  Sore throat, achy body, and totally fatigued.  At least for me it was only a 24 hour thing.  Hope the same is true for George.

The Junkanoo jackets keep on coming.  Yippee!  Our friend, Jerry, brought his over on Monday and he and George did the guy bonding thing and before you know it George had to have Jerry's jacket done by the morning.  It was done and Jerry was at the house Tuesday morning to pick it up.  Jerry did get a little bonus -- he had his name embroidered on the front.



Who dat!  If the Saints weren't my team before, they sure are now (they were before, too).  We have embroidered the Krewe of Drew and fleur de lis designs on everything. 


Those fingerless gloves are also a big hit.  Here's a photo of the latest design.  I really like the new design with the fabric doubled.  It is so soft, comfortable and warm.  I am allergic to wool.  I doubt you will ever find me sewing or embroidering anything with wool in it.  But I also don't like scratchy things on my skin.  By scratchy things, that can even mean the feel of harsh thread on the underside of gloves or garments.  That's why the new pattern design impresses me so much because there is nothing scratchy on it, just a soft jersey fabric.  Sweet.


No comments:

Post a Comment