Sunday, February 28, 2010

Trying To Get Back to Some Kind of Normalcy

It has been a wonderful weekend with the neighbors.  Friday night we had a fire in the chiminea at our house.  Saturday night we had a fire at the fire pit next door.  Tonight we had dinner with some other neighbors.  Ah!  We seem to be getting back into the neighbors at fireside again.  I do look forward to that.  We have such wonderful neighbors and such a great neighborhood.  Next weekend a friend from Pennsylvania and his son or sons are coming down for vacation.  We are really looking forward to that.

I had lunch with a friend last weekend that has asked that we do some embroidery on her dogs' harnesses.  I enjoyed working on the little dog costumes during Christmas and this looks like it will be fun, too.

Another friend has requested some initials on very delicate handkerchiefs.  This will be challenging but I'm sure we can do a good job for her.

We are also expecting a shipment in, probably Tuesday, for orders that we need to get out.  Not to mention some more Junkanoo stuff.  I love the Junkanoos!

This weekend, because it's time to play and not to work, I worked on a pair of bluejeans that I wore during Mardi Gras to paint the float.  I did get purple paint on them and today I was busy embroidering butterflies over the purple paint splotches.  I have one leg done.  They are kind of cute and VERY artsy now.  I'll post a photo when I'm finished.

I changed to napkins when our neighbors called us to have dinner at their house. These neighbors love the colorful southwestern lizard designs.  I made a set of four napkins and they turned out so pretty.  The neighbors loved them as much as I did.  Bright colors are so appealing and make me happy just to look at them.

George and I had a business meeting this morning and, frankly, it was very productive.  We came up with some fun and beautiful ideas for this coming year.  Our last contest which actually ends tomorrow did not get many responses.  We are very hopeful to acquire more and more readers and more and more participation in future contest, because we plan on more and more contests. 

George and I have always been interested in our community and mankind.  If you have a charitable or civic type organization and need items to raffle, please do not hesitate to contact Cajun Stitchery.  We also have a deep love of nature and the environment.  We try to live as eco-friendly a lifestyle as we possibly can, although there is always room for improvement.

George has been busy in his off hours lately embroidering animal designs and he has done some beautiful work.  He has this design on both his jacket and t-shirt back.  It's tan work, obviously, because it is done in tan colored thread.  It is all one color thread and so lovely.

I may not have posted the picture of the bowling team shirts that we embroidered last week in gold metallic thread.  They turned out very nice and were well received.

As you know, this is the year of the pillowcase at Cajun Stitchery.  This pillowcase is one of an idential pair that we embroidered for my dance instructor for her birthday.  This one still has the stabilizer hanging out at the bottom and has not been cleaned up and trimmed.   Shhhhh, it's a surprise and she hasn't received them yet.

And let us not forget the wonderful Nereid Love Ladies now have their own Love Lady shirts.
Until next time.  C'est tout cher.

No comments:

Post a Comment