Friday, April 9, 2010

Cajun Corner - Vol. 2, No. 14

Cajun Corner – Vol. 2, No. 14 – APRIL 9, 2010


Bon Jour! Welcome to Cajun Stitchery’s weekly email and welcome to our family.

ΘΘΘΘΘ

Don’t forget to visit http://www.cajunstitchery.etsy.com/ often.

Cajun Stitchery’s first anniversary was wonderful. Congratulations to all of the contest winners. We had fun.

Cajun Stitchery’s Facebook page has over 280 fans now. That is just amazing and wonderful. If you are not a Cajun Stitchery Facebook fan, please join us.

This week we did another duffel bag. The photographs are on the blog and Facebook. It really turned out cute. Every time we do one of those, we get lots of comments on how adorable they are.

Today we’ve been working on a tablecloth to go with napkins that we did earlier. Poo yie, that turned out pretty, yes. It’s a red tablecloth with white poinsettias on opposing corners and the name “Ballew” on the other opposing corners. The pictures will be posted. The poinsettia design was, of course, much smaller on the napkins. Here, again, we needed the same design but larger. We weren’t as lucky this time as we were with the little wrestler tyke. We blew the design up to 5” and although not too bad, it did lose too much detail for us to use on the tablecloth. We were able to put this design through the digitizing program and re-digitize the areas of the design which were askew. That worked fine.

The garden is growing and looking prettier everyday. The asparagus is being harvested daily and we seem to be harvesting more and more of it each day. The seeds are now seedlings. We are still having a bumper crop of lettuce, carrots, onions, broccoli, and parsley. Everything is growing and looking beautiful.

Earth Day is this month, so, I think that will be our theme for the month. Bet you thought that was our theme every month.

This week I received an email from a friend in Alabama. She received a Cajun Stitchery gift certificate and wants to redeem it for handkerchiefs. She said that she is always leaving tissue in her pockets and the lint from the tissues gets all over her laundry. So, she would like to spearhead a movement to return to cloth handkerchiefs. Well, I couldn’t agree more. I needed to find a wholesaler for handkerchiefs. Those are hard to find. Most are companies in India or China, and while I’m sure they must be good companies, all of my wholesalers are in the USA. Long story short, I found one in the USA that has beautiful handkerchiefs. I ordered the minimum order and should be receiving the shipment Monday. I ordered several different styles but all are 100% cotton with lace someplace on them. The handkerchiefs will sell for $5.00 each, not including embroidery. These will make beautiful gifts, as well.

When I received the email about the handkerchiefs, I immediately began making handkerchiefs with hand rolled hems. I put a couple on Etsy and a few have gone as lagniappes or presents. As you know, all of the handmade items from Cajun Stitchery are sold on Etsy. I’m thinking about making lots of these. They are easy and fun to make.

By the time I went to our girls night on Wednesday with the Nereids, we all decided to switch to cloth handkerchiefs and we encourage everyone to do so, if not for your laundry, do it for your planet. Insofar as handkerchiefs are concerned, these delicate little things will not hold heavy embroidery designs. So, choose your designs carefully. Initials work fine.

We are still playing around with the idea of the clamping system. As I told one of my friends, I sent the email asking for your input because, not only do I truly value your input, but I want the thing so bad that I don’t trust my judgment. Thank you, thank you, thank you, for all of the wonderful emails and wonderful input and ideas. I am awaiting a response from the company to an email that I sent. Depending on their response, will determine whether we go ahead and get the clamping system.

As you can tell, this has been a busy week at Cajun Stitchery. I know I’m pooped. Hope next week is just as busy and exciting.

Always remember that we are just a call or email away at cajunstitchery@yahoo.com or 850-261-2462 and place your order.

ΘΘΘΘΘ

Thibodeaux: Boudreaux, What's the score?

Boudreaux: Seven to Ten.

Thibodeaux: Who's winning?

Boudreaux: The ten.

ΘΘΘΘΘ

French phrase of the week: T'aimes mieux la saucisse fraîche ou boucanée? (Do you prefer fresh or smoked sausage?)

ΘΘΘΘΘ

Thank you to Lynn Cieutat, a nurse, for the following:

When an injury, such as a broken bone, requires an ice pack, grab a bag of frozen peas. The peas can be broken up in the bag and this allows the bag to be molded to the area you are trying to chill. Works great for tired muscles, black eyes or severe bruising. You need to wrap the peas in a kitchen towel so that the plastic is not in direct contact with the skin. Also, I mark my pea bag with a big "X" so that I know not to use them for cooking. It is best to have two bags when aggressively treating an injury.

Please let me know if there is something that you would like to see in the weekly email. You may always call me at (850) 261-2462 or email me at cajunstitchery@yahoo.com.

If you are not a subscriber and would like to receive Cajun Corner weekly, please email cajunstitchery@yahoo.com and let me know to put you on our email list.

C’est tout, mes amis

Peggy Henshall

Cajun Stitchery

(850) 261-2462

cajunstitchery@yahoo.com

P.S. You are always welcome to stop by and look at all of the new catalogs and pass some time with me, cher.

No comments:

Post a Comment