Friday, May 14, 2010

Cajun Corner Vol. 2, No. 19

Cajun Corner – Vol. 2, No. 19 – may 14, 2010

Bon Jour! Welcome to Cajun Stitchery’s weekly email and welcome to our family.

ΘΘΘΘΘ

Don’t forget to visit http://www.cajunstitchery.etsy.com/ often.

The good news is that so far the oil has still not landed on the shores of Florida. Prayers continue that our shores be spared.

The going away party was a great success last Friday night. And everyone raved about the stuffed grape leaves. Apparently, grape leaves stuff with rice, ground beef and Cajun seasoning is very Greek. Who knew? Tomorrow night a few of the neighbors are coming over for more stuffed grape leaves. This time, however, we have the proper Greek dip/sauce made with cucumbers. One of our neighbors got the dip/sauce from a neighborhood Greek restaurant called the Hip Pocket.

My neighbor headed to Pennsylvania on Wednesday. It was sad watching her leave but she’ll be back. She has to. She didn’t sell her house. Now we have a new neighbor next door who is the father of another neighbor.

George and I decided to split the jobs that our neighbor handled. George is going to constantly complain to the authorities to keep the neighborhood in shape and safe and I am going to cook and entertain. I really don’t mind the entertaining part. We’ll see how the cooking part goes.

My barber friend found a sale on smocks from a local uniform company, Bosso’s. He purchased 4 of the smocks and we did the approved embroidery design. I sent him pictures today. He’ll probably pick them up next week. I still need to create a design for the nail technician.

I have suffered from insomnia all week. Actually, both of us have. It’s a two edged sword. I am certainly my most creative in the wee hours of the night, but by day I’m pretty cranky and tired. We are really trying hard to get back on schedule.

I have put some of the things that I made during the late night hours on Etsy today and still have another item that needs to be photographed and placed on Etsy. Since I was mainly using the sample stitch-outs, I didn’t have to charge per 1,000 stitches and those items are going for a song on Etsy. Whether or not the people who look at the items will realize the deal is another thing entirely. There is a pelican scene embroidered on a tote with about 50,000 plus stitches. If ordered from Cajun Stitchery that design, alone, would cost $63.20. The tote is going for $25.00 on Etsy. A mermaid tote was placed on Etsy for $25.00 and the mermaid design has about 63,000 stitches. There are some good deals on our Etsy site.

I created totes and can sleeves with other designs that were more specific to the person or group and would be meaningless to put on Etsy. Those items will go to specific individuals. One friend got the Junkanoo tote. Our Queen Doris XIX got the tote with the Queen Doris XIX on one side and the King Nerius XIX design on the other side.

We still have a lot of samples remaining that I hope to incorporate into some kind of a creation. If they don’t sell on Etsy, then they are going to the craft festival in October on the beach.

Always remember that we are just a call or email away at cajunstitchery@yahoo.com or 850-261-2462 and place your order.

ΘΘΘΘΘ

There was this Hell's Angel riding down the road on his motorcycle last winter. He was wearing a leather jacket that had a broken zipper. He finally stopped the bike and thought to himself, "Man, I can't drive anymore with the cold air hitting me in my chest." So he decided to put the coat on backwards to block the air from hitting him. He continued driving and came around a bend in the road, lost control and wrecked, coincidentally, right in front of Boudreaux's house. Boudreaux happened to see what happened, and called the State Police to report the accident. The Trooper on the phone asked him, "Is the guy showing any sign of life?" "Well," Boudreaux told him, "He was until I turned his head around the right way!"

ΘΘΘΘΘ

French phrase of the week: Donne-moi un petit bec doux, cher! (Give me a sweet little kiss, dear!)

ΘΘΘΘΘ

Carry a refillable water bottle instead of buying bottled water. If you drink from the tap (which is the most ecologically-friendly option), try keeping a pitcher of water in the fridge. That way, not only do you get nice cold water to drink, you ensure that every drop goes into you, instead of down the drain in the sink.

Please let me know if there is something that you would like to see in the weekly email. You may always call me at (850) 261-2462 or email me at cajunstitchery@yahoo.com.

If you are not a subscriber and would like to receive Cajun Corner weekly, please email cajunstitchery@yahoo.com and let me know to put you on our email list.

C’est tout, mes amis

Peggy Henshall

Cajun Stitchery

(850) 261-2462

cajunstitchery@yahoo.com

P.S. You are always welcome to stop by and look at all of the catalogs and pass some time with me, cher.

SALE OF THE WEEK (Good through Thursday, May 20, 2010)
SALE: Racerback Tank, plus name embroidered = $25.00 (plus tax/shipping)

Bella - #B8775

Janet 2X1 Sheer Rib Racerback Tank

3.8 oz 100% cotton 50 single mini 2X1 rib. V-neck racerback tank with thin delicate straps.

Colors: berry, black, soft pink, white, yellow

No comments:

Post a Comment