Monday, May 10, 2010

Planning The Week

I don't think I touched the embroidery machine this weekend.  Can you believe that?  Our neighbor is moving and I want to spend as much time with her as I can before she leaves and travels up north to Pennsylvania.  We had the going away party Friday night which was a blast.  It was held outside in our gardens. 

Saturday I did some computer work and piddled around the house recouperating from the night before.  We had enough leftover food to feed an army.  In fact, we did get Gulf shrimp from Joe Patti's for the Friday night extravaganza and contrary to rumors, the prices had not gone up.  After dinner George and I decided to have a glass of wine on the deck.  We brought the cd player outside and ended up dancing around the deck.  It was a beautiful evening and we enjoyed ourselves.  Our neighbor had gone kayaking and was in a walk of some sort for some worthy cause and we could hear her and her friends enjoying themselves outside, as well.  It really was a beautiful evening.  George and I ended up watching movies.  I ended up going to bed around 5 or 6 a.m. 

On Sunday, I peeled the leftover shrimp and made a shrimp dip.  We sat outside with our neighbor and ate peeled shrimp and cocktail sauce, chips and shrimp dip, and leftover stuffed grape leaves.  Oh, and of course, the wine.  Despite the citronella torches, the mosquitoes were still out in droves, so we ended up inside and played a game of Scrabble.  By 8:00 p.m. we were all exhausted and bid each other a good night.  I was in bed by 10:00 and slept soundly.

So, here we are.  Monday morning and back to work.  We are starting out the day working on a couple of designs.  First, we have an order for the Poinsettia/Ballew napkins that we need to fill.  Then, we are going to stitch out the barber design that we created last week.  The customer is still trying to find a burgandy smock to place the design.

We have to create another design this week for a nail technician.  She does manicures, pedicures and gives a wonderful foot bath. 

Then I need to pay more attention to Etsy and get more stuff on there.  I'm trying to take some of the sample stitch-outs that we do and turned them into projects.  I took two of the large Junkanoo stitch-outs and created a really cute tote.  Some of the smaller stitch-outs have been turned into can sleeves.  I just hate throwing those stitch-outs away. 

C'est toute, mes amis

No comments:

Post a Comment