Monday, June 14, 2010

This Was a Great Weekend

It's been a fun and exciting weekend.  Friday night was our Nereid's monthly meeting at Deb's new condo.  The balcony overlooks the Gulf of Mexico and it was such a beautiful and calming vision.  We celebrated Marilyn's birthday.  She loved the pillowcases that I embroidered for her.  We talked and dined.  Deb always has such a special array of food.  We had a crab meat salad, oysters rockafeller, cheese and meat wrap, french bread, tomato salad, fruit salad, and two cakes and a pie.  Wow!  After dining we talked some more.  Then we celebrated Marilyn's birthday and then talked some more.  No one wanted to get off the balcony.  I left around 10:30 but most of the girls were spending the night.

On Saturday, George took me to Peg Leg Pete's for lunch.  Peg Leg is a really good restaurant on the beach and we hadn't been there in quite some time.  It was nice to get out just the two of us.  After lunch we went riding down to Ft. Pickens.  George was going to get his annual pass and took out a $20 bill.  The ranger asked if he was 62 or older.  Why, yes he is.  He got a lifetime pass to all federal parks for $10.  What a deal!  What a wonderful surprise!  We road through Ft. Pickens on this lovely Saturday.  We didn't even get out of the car.  Just rode around.  It was peaceful and beautiful.

Sunday was the birthday brunch for my friend and fellow mermaid, Sharon, at the Hilton Inn on the beach.  I had never been to the Hilton Inn on the beach before so this was a real treat for me.  I guess about 15 of us rowdy girls showed up for the brunch.  The service was wonderful.  The food was okay.  The companionship was out of this world.  About half way through my friend DJ was complaining that her face and jaw were aching from laughing so much.  That's a complaint we should all have.  We talked and ate, talked and drank, talked and opened presents, and talked some more.  Everyone loved Sharon's pillowcases that I embroidered for her and I even took more orders for caps.

Today is back to work.  While on Facebook last night a friend messaged that she needs some napkins for a bridal shower.  We are working out the colors now.  I had 2 orders for a cap and a visor from yesterday's brunch and this morning received another order.

Precious DJ had ordered a cell phone holder.  I told her that handmade items from Cajun Stitchery must be purchased on Etsy.  At that point began the Cajun Stitchery Mermaid Line of cell phone pouches.  I made some prototypes and brought one yesterday to make sure her "droid" fit.  Last night I made a beautiful cell phone case for her.  We put it on Etsy this morning and she bought 2 of the cell phone cases.  She tickled me.  I asked her what she was going to do with 2 cell phone cases and she replied that she would color coordinate with her outfits to show off her wealth and taste.  lol  That girl is just adorable.

Back to work for me. 

C'est tout, mes amis.

No comments:

Post a Comment