Monday, August 23, 2010

Splash is over; Arts & Wine is next

Despite the rain, the Splash Party was a huge success. Not a lot of kids joined us, though.  I'm sure that's because of the rain.  But the place was packed.  Have you ever seen grown men acting like children?  They all did at the Splash Party.  It was hilarious.  I had the best seat at the party.  I sat in the tiki bar selling hats and tickets.  It was amazing to see all of the different types of super soakers.  Since I was near the water sources, those guys kept coming by to reload their soakers.  When the dunking booth opened, I could hardly keep up with those tickets. This was definitely a successful party with such delightful, fun loving people.  We still have a few caps and visors left if anyone would like one.  Just call or email me and you too can have your own Splash Party cap/visor.  Sorry but the pink visors sold out early.  We have some great black visors, though.

The next big event on our calendar is the Arts & Wine Festival the first weekend in October.  We have a little over a month to get ready.  There is so much to do.  Remember last year our booth looked like it was simply an extention of the SOB booth?  This year, I want to have embroidered banners saying Cajun Stitchery. 

One of the items we are going to sell this year is going to be luggage tags.  I love making them.  Yesterday I began embroidery on ribbon.  I'm putting a monogram of each letter of the alphabet on ribbon and then plan to make each monogram into a luggage tag for the Festival. 

I think we will also have wine bottle aprons.  If you have read this blog for awhile, you might know my fascination with wine bottle aprons.  They are adorable and everyone seems to want one -- excect me.  Maybe one day I'll make one that thrills me.  But everyone likes them and I love to embroider.

The poor Etsy store.  I think the last thing I listed on Etsy was the cool, aqua ballcap on Friday.  I've decided that I need to start limiting the different items that I list to about 5 different categories, rather than one of this and one of that.  I know that there will be handkerchiefs, scarves, cell phone holders, and I have to decide on a couple of other items. 

So much to do; so much to say; but the phone is ringing and the emails are coming in, and this little Cajun girl needs to get to work.

C'est tout, mes amis.

No comments:

Post a Comment