Friday, September 10, 2010

Cajun Corner Vol. 2, No. 35


Cajun Corner – Vol. 2, No. 35 – September 10, 2010


Bon Jour! Welcome to Cajun Stitchery’s weekly email and welcome to our family.

ΘΘΘΘΘ

Don’t forget to visit our catalog at www.companycasuals.com/cajunstitchery and www.cajunstitchery.etsy.com often.

We had a minor problem with Boudreaux. He got sick and we had to do surgery and order him some medication. He’s fine now. These past few days, I’ve been working on orders that came in while Boudreaux was sick. Thank goodness Doris is alive and kicking. She doesn’t have all the bells and whistles that Boudreaux has but she is reliable.

The beginning of the week was arts and crafts upstairs, then downstairs later in the week to fill orders. Now I’m needed upstairs, again, while George works downstairs with Boudreaux. Wooo, I’m getting dizzy.

Since I had perfected the little cell phone pouch, I decided to make more. So, a bunch more are cut out and waiting for me upstairs.

I finished a few more of the ribbon luggage tags and they are still sitting upstairs waiting on me to finish them. I will finish them even though I don’t like them. However, it’s a good thing that I have gone through fiddling with those luggage tags because now I’m coming up with more ideas for luggage tags. My new idea is much easier and much nicer. The new ones will be more like patches with an eyelet in them. We can put monograms, names, designs, whatever on them. They will all be done in the embroidery machine and we can do different shapes and sizes. I did one last night that had a little pocket in it. That one turned out to be too big but the method is correct. It involves appliqué and I’ll do them because George is not fond of appliqué.

I still have the idea for a wallet but just haven’t gotten that far yet.

I finally did some embroidery on our own pillowcases. They are pretty. I need to do more, especially one for when the girls spend the night.

Earlier this week I went to lunch with a friend, who happens to be my CPA. We went to Bonelli’s Italian Restaurant. Wow! That was fun and the food was wonderful. I brought back a bag of chips for George. He felt slighted. Lunch at Bonelli’s allowed me to get to know the owners a bit better. They are very nice people. The daughter goes to my WBL meetings. As it turned out, they do not have a logo, so part of my day yesterday was spent working on ideas for logos pursuant to the ideas the owners told me. I haven’t heard back from them yet, but I sure hope they like some of the ideas that I sent to them.

Yellow fingertip towels were ordered this week. They will be here in a couple of weeks. Along with the fingertip towels, some regular white bath towels were ordered. Embroidered towel sets will be sold for Christmas this year. The sets would include: white wash cloths, white fingertip towels, and white bath towels. The order for the bath towels was actually placed to see the quality of the bath towels before more are ordered. So far this company has provided good service and quality products even though they do take awhile to get the ordered delivered.

No rain this past weekend and guess what? My dog, Evie, was not sick. I really think it had something to do with the rain – mushrooms that grow when it’s really wet outside.

Last Saturday we were going to dinner on the beach. While waiting in line at the toll booth, we were rear ended. We are fine but George’s SUV has suffered a bit of damage. He has spent most of this week working with insurance companies. He worked with the at fault lady’s insurance company for 3 days, getting the estimate, etc., only to be told that the lady doesn’t have insurance. Why wouldn’t they just tell us that up front so we could get our own insurance company working on the claim? Sounds fishy to me. Nevertheless, we are working with our own insurance company now and he is taking the car in to be fixed on Monday.

The seeds have not arrived yet. Each day we wait for the postman to see if our garden seeds have arrived. Hopefully they will be here today. George is outside watering the garden, or what remains of the garden, now. You wouldn’t think that it would need watering with the rain that we had but it’s dry now.

Christmas is coming and customers are starting to do their Christmas shopping at Cajun Stitchery. Get this out of the way as soon as you can. For all who have businesses out there, remember that we also sell gift baskets.

Always remember that we are just a call or email away at cajunstitchery@yahoo.com or 850-261-2462 and place your order.

ΘΘΘΘΘ

An extremely large, muscular woman, wearing a sleeveless sundress, walked into a bar. She raised her right arm, revealing a huge, hairy armpit and pointed to all the men sitting at the bar and asked, "Which of you men will buy a lady a drink?" The bar went silent as the patrons tried to ignore her. At the end of the bar, was Boudreaux, a skinny little Cajun, who was as usual, VERY drunk. Boudreaux slammed his hand on the bar and said, "Give dat Ballerina a drink!" Thibodeaux, the bartender, a close friend of Boudreaux's, poured the drink and the woman chugged it down. She turned again to the patrons and pointed around at all of them, again revealing her hairy armpit, and asked, "Which of you men will buy a lady a drink?" Once again, Boudreaux slapped his hand down on the bar and said, "Give dat Ballerina anudder drink!" Thibodeaux, finally approached Boudreaux and said, "Boudreaux mah fren', I know it ain't none of my business of course if you want to buy dat lady a drink, but how come you keep callin' her a Ballerina?" Boudreaux replied, "Thibodeaux . . . to me, any woman who can lift her leg dat high gots to be a Ballerina!"

ΘΘΘΘΘ

French phrase of the week: Raconte-moi de tes nouvelles. (Tell me your news.)

ΘΘΘΘΘ

From: http://living.oneindia.in/beauty/skin-n-body-care/2010/home-remedies-facial-hair-090810.html

Here are some of the best home remedies to remove your facial hair :

• Turmeric the master in enhancing beauty proves its excellence in removing facial hair. Mix a spoon of turmeric powder with 1/4th cup of milk, apply that on your face and leave it for 10 minutes and rinse off in room temperature water. Make sure that it's applied on your face as well as neck. Apply it twice a week.

• Mix half tsp of sugar and lemon juice with water. Apply it on your face and neck, leave for 15 minutes. Later rinse off in room temperature water. For a better result strictly do it at least two times in a week.

• Mix an egg white in 1 tbsp of sugar and ¼ tbsp of corn flour and make a paste. Apply and leave the paste on your face and neck for 10-20 minutes and rinse off in room temperature water. Do it thrice a week.

• Mix 1 tbsp of lemon juice with 3 tbsp of honey, apply and leave it for 15 minutes. Wash off in room temperature water. Make sure that it's done on alternate days.

• Mix gram flour and turmeric powder in curd, apply this paste on your face and leave for 15 minutes. Later slowly scrub it off and wash your face in luke warm water. For a better result apply it thrice a week.

Please let me know if there is something that you would like to see in the weekly email. You may always call me at (850) 261-2462 or email me at cajunstitchery@yahoo.com.

If you are not a subscriber and would like to receive Cajun Corner weekly, please email cajunstitchery@yahoo.com and let me know to put you on our email list.

C’est tout, mes amis

Peggy Henshall

Cajun Stitchery

(850) 261-2462

cajunstitchery@yahoo.com

P.S. You are always welcome to stop by and look at all of the catalogs and pass some time with me, cher.

SALE OF THE WEEK (Good through Thursday, September 16, 2010)

SALE: Fingertip Towel (red, green, or white) with monogram = $7.00

No comments:

Post a Comment