Friday, October 1, 2010

Cajun Corner Vol. 2, No. 38

Cajun Corner – Vol. 2, No. 38 – October 1, 2010


Bon Jour! Welcome to Cajun Stitchery’s weekly email and welcome to our family.

ΘΘΘΘΘ

Don’t forget to visit our catalog at www.companycasuals.com/cajunstitchery and www.cajunstitchery.etsy.com often.

Tomorrow is the Pensacola Beach 3rd Annual Arts & Wine Festival. It’s finally here. George embroidered something like 24 red and green tea towels with Christmas motifs to sell for $10.00 each. We will have a plethora of cell phone pouches for $8 - $10. There will also be several ball caps and visors for $15 each. Of course, our SOB and Shark Alert patches will be on sale for $5 each. We didn’t make as many luggage tags as I would have liked. The few that we do have will sell for $5 each. Then there are some odds and ends like a few handkerchiefs, sleeping masks, totes/beach bags and so forth.

Our tent will look much better this year. Last year there was nothing that people could see to say that we were Cajun Stitchery. Not so this year. We have embroidered banners for two sides of the tent that say Cajun Stitchery. I made the little letter pillows that spell out Cajun Stitchery. I’ve been working on a tablecloth for the table. George is out right now in search of a second table. We also plan on bringing Cajun music.

Next week we have several orders to fill. We have some orders for white tea towels that will require us to purchase more tea towels. Since my wholesaler has a minimum requirement for ordering these, please let me know as soon as possible if you will need to order tea towels from Cajun Stitchery and I’ll go ahead and include that in our order. They have several colors of tea towels. We have used all of the red and green that we have for the festival, we are running low on white, but still have hot pink and yellow. The color selection is white, ivory, light green, black, hunter green, red, navy blue, light blue, yellow, hot pink, beige, and burgundy.

There have been a few people asking me what color pillowcases we have. What we have in stock are all white, hotel quality, 250 thread count, standard size pillowcases. I can get some colored pillowcases from the same wholesaler that sells the tea towels. These pillowcases are 180 thread count, standard size pillowcases and come in the following colors: white, crystal blue, English rose, bone, and sage green. Since I will be ordering from this company soon, and they do have a minimum requirement, if you want any of these pillowcases, let me know as soon as possible.

In my effort to use up my fabric stash, I am now, for a limited time only, making lap and throw blankets. They are very lightweight. Basically, they are two pieces of fabric sewn together with french seams and a name or initials embroidered in the center. Often I find that I want something to just cover my legs when I’m lounging on the sofa or wherever. I don’t want anything too hot because, after all, I live in Florida. Mama used to like these when she sat in her wheelchair. She would get cold and we were comfortable. We would throw on of these little covers over her shoulders or legs and she was fine. I made a beautiful, yellow one for her with her name “Lena” embroidered in the middle and butterflies all around the edges. She loved that little throw blanket. I will make these from the fabric that I already have with a name or initials embroidered in the center for $15.00, if anyone is interested. I can take pictures of the fabric and email to you, if you like. If you would prefer to purchase your own fabric, that’s fine. Just talk to me first about what kind of fabric would be suitable.

We required a lot of Velcro to attach our banners to the tent. I knew exactly where to go for the Velcro. My friend, Charlotte, and I laugh when we place orders from Cheaptrim.com. First of all, they now have a minimum requirement. Second of all, you get really good prices for all sorts of stuff that you can never possibly use but you sure do want it. This is my second order from Cheaptrims in two months. My mother would be scolding me right now, and laughing at the same time. Why? Because she did the same thing. In fact, I still have quite a bit of Mama’s stash.

I still haven’t finished the ribbon luggage tags.

Christmas is coming and customers are starting to do their Christmas shopping at Cajun Stitchery. Get this out of the way as soon as you can. For all who have businesses out there, remember that we also sell gift baskets.

Always remember that we are just a call or email away at cajunstitchery@yahoo.com or 850-261-2462 and place your order.

ΘΘΘΘΘ

This week two friends sent Boudreaux jokes. Here they are:

From DJ:

Down in Lafourche Parish, Louisiana, Boudreaux gets a job with BP helping

with the cleanup gulf oil spill. He reports for work and is told to speak to a

supervisor about his assignment.

He finds the man and asks, "What it is I supposed to do?"

The supervisor tells him to go to the animal shelter and clean the pelicans.

Two hours later, Boudreaux comes up to the supervisor and says, "Okay. dey

all cleaned. You want me to cook some rice????

From Paulette:

Boudreaux suddenly quit drinking, took a bath, quit chasing women, quit his poker games and started laying around. He started cutting the grass around the church, even painted it and was faithful to be first to attend on Sundays! Father Thibodeaux asked him what about dis wonderful change that had done overtook him. Boudreaux explained, "I heard "Crisis in the Gulf" and if He’s dat close, I wanna to be good to go!

ΘΘΘΘΘ

French phrase of the week: C'est mieux de danser dessus un plancher qu'est bien uni. (It's better to dance on a floor that is nice and smooth.)

ΘΘΘΘΘ

Eco-Friendly Gift Ideas from http://www.globalstewards.org/eco-gifts.htm

Ideas: Offer/ask for gifts that don't involve buying anything. For example, time together, a back rub, babysitting, offer to teach something you know how to do, donation to charity, seeds from your garden, tickets to an event (musical, lecture series, play, concert, etc.), nontoxic house cleaning service, gift certificates for spas, music downloads, movie downloads, etc. More ideas at: 25 Great, Consumer-Less Gift Ideas.

Please let me know if there is something that you would like to see in the weekly email. You may always call me at (850) 261-2462 or email me at cajunstitchery@yahoo.com.

If you are not a subscriber and would like to receive Cajun Corner weekly, please email cajunstitchery@yahoo.com and let me know to put you on our email list.

C’est tout, mes amis

Peggy Henshall

Cajun Stitchery

(850) 261-2462

cajunstitchery@yahoo.com

P.S. You are always welcome to stop by and look at all of the catalogs and pass some time with me, cher.

SALE OF THE WEEK (Good through Thursday, October 7, 2010)

SALE: Tablecloth, round, 108” = $30.00 plus tax/shipping

Purchase matching napkins for a beautiful holiday table setting. We can provide tablecloths, napkins, chargers, napkin rings, overlays, runners, chair covers, or chair sashes. Make your holiday table a beautiful setting.

108 Round Tablecloths

Material: Heavy Duty Polyester

Seams: No Seams, Seamless 1pc design

Reuse: Yes, made for repeated uses. Restaurant quality linens.

Packing: 1pc per pack.

Size: suitable for 48" - 84" tables.

Colors: White, navy blue, ivory, black, burgundy, chocolate, silver, royal blue

No comments:

Post a Comment