Friday, October 29, 2010

Cajun Corner Vol. 2, No. 42

Cajun Corner – Vol. 2, No. 42 – October 29, 2010


Bon Jour! Welcome to Cajun Stitchery’s weekly email and welcome to our family.

ΘΘΘΘΘ

Don’t forget to visit our catalog at www.companycasuals.com/cajunstitchery and www.cajunstitchery.etsy.com often.

CHANGE IN POLICY: In the past I have tried to give the customers a particular dollar amount that an item will cost. We will now begin giving you a purchase price, plus shipping and handling fees that we incur. Cajun Stitchery maintains a small amount of actual inventory. When you order from us; we order from the manufacturer for you. I usually try to include in the price of the item the shipping and handling that Cajun Stitchery must pay to get the item here. That worked very well when we were dealing with a few wholesalers. Since Cajun Stitchery came into existence, we have accumulated quite a few accounts with wholesalers and manufacturers nationwide. Each one has its own set of rules from no minimum orders to minimum orders of several hundred dollars or several hundred items. Some of our newer wholesalers do not provide us with the shipping/handling charges until the item or order is shipped. So, we do not know the shipping/handling charges until AFTER you place your order. If we know the charges up front, we will tell you.

Obviously, if I order a single item and the shipping is $10, then the purchase price to you is the item’s cost, plus any shipping and handling charges that we have incurred for you. If you or someone else orders another of that item at the same time, then the shipping and handling that we incur from the wholesaler will be divided between the two orders or items. Thus, the more you buy, the less you spend per item.

– Thank you for your understanding – The Management --

I still haven’t received the certified copy of my birth certificate. Today I will try to get a temporary license. My present license expires on Monday.

Dale, our CPA, is coming for a well deserved dinner Saturday night. We are planning on having chicken Alf redo on fettuccini, French bread, wine, and some kind of dessert. Yes, I plan on cooking. Have I ever made this before? No, but it tasted real good at Olive Garden. You may want to say a little prayer for Dale. If it’s not raining we will probably retire to the chiminea for after dinner conversation.

There was some hoopla around here about Halloween being on Sunday this year. Some said the kids should trick or treat on Saturday because Sunday is a holy day. Well, how silly is that! Saturday is a holy day for some people, too. Then they said that they should trick or treat on Saturday because Monday is a school day and the kids will be tired. Who thinks up this stuff? The kids trick or treat during the week if that’s where Halloween falls. What difference would Sunday night make? The last I heard was that the trick or treaters are coming to my neighborhood on Halloween night – Sunday. Usually we don’t have many trick or treaters, anyway. Then all of a sudden one year, there are bunches of them. All I know is that they better get here before George eats all of the candy.

My friend, Paulette, is having an auction for the Village Du Lac Bowling Team and needs things to auction. Cajun Stitchery has sent her several items but if you are in the Lafayette, LA area please send stuff for the auction to Paulette and/or go bid on her stuff. If you are interested in helping, please contact me independently and I’ll put you in touch with Paulette. If you know Paulette, then give her a call and lend a hand. Paulette is my Aunt Philo’s friend. You must recall the orange bowling shirts that we embroidered last year for this wonderful bowling team which includes the elderly, Aunt Philo is 91 and still bowling, as well as the disabled.

There was so much gumbo left over from the other night that we ate gumbo for days and shared with our neighbor. I took the remaining gumbo to our Wednesday Girls Night. It’s all gone now. In fact, Wednesday night was a pot luck gathering. It turned out to be a gluttonous feast. Aside from my gumbo and rice, another girl brought gumbo and rice; there was French bread, a Thai salad, another salad, stuffed mushrooms, shrimp dip and chips, pizza, lasagna, birthday cake, pumpkin cake, carrot cake, and a peanut butter/chocolate mousse.

Our neighbors came over one night last weekend to sit by the fire and chat. My dog, Evie, took off for the bushes and was barking furiously. Turned out she cornered a possum on the fence. It wasn’t really cornered but it wasn’t moving. I guess it was playing possum.

We’ve decided to finish the house next door. I’ve called my air conditioner guy and he is going to get back with me next week to come over and give me an estimate on the outside AC unit and the inside heat unit for the central heat and air. Then we need to start getting the appliances, including water heater, sinks, tubs, toilets, etc. I’m holding my breath because it sounds like an expensive endeavor. But I learned something about electricity this week. I didn’t realize George had already had the house re-wired and all new electric was installed. I had worried about the old electric wires in the plaster walls. So, I called our new client, Moses Electric, and was told that those old 1940’s homes had copper wiring, which is good wiring. There is no need to re-wire those homes unless there is something wrong with the wiring. The reason those old homes burn is because of the fuses. They all need to have circuit breakers installed. The house next door already has the circuit breakers, so, we are good to go forward.

The handmade purse and neck wallet turned out great and my friend liked them. She was supposed to give them as a gift on Thursday. I can’t wait to find out how that turned out.

This week a lot of items were listed on Etsy. All of our Christmas tea towels have been listed, as well as, our Christmas placemats, and some cell phone pouch.

I’ve also been working on our gallery. When you go to www.cajunstitchery.com and then click on the word “Gallery”, it takes you to our Picasa site where the photographs of all of the projects are located. I’m going through those photographs and giving them captions and tags to make it easier to find them in a search. Remember that the handmade items are listed in the Etsy shop. In the Etsy shop you are able to order items specially made. If you haven’t seen this feature of the shop, go to www.cajunstitchery.etsy.com and browse around. Look on the left hand side of the screen at some of your options.

Monday is my birthday. When I was a little girl living in Lafayette, everything was closed on my birthday—it was a holiday. There usually was a fair in town and my daddy would take us to the fair. Of course, I always believed that the State of Louisiana had a holiday for my birthday. It wasn’t until we moved to Atlanta that I realized that there wasn’t a national holiday for my birthday. In fact, mama and daddy had to explain that All Saints Day is a Catholic holiday celebrated in Louisiana. They weren’t celebrating my birthday. I was highly insulted. Since I’ve been trying to get my certified birth certificate lately, I now realize how lucky I was to be born on All Saints Day. I was, apparently, born at 2 a.m. A couple of hours earlier and my birthday would have been Halloween! I share my birthday with my Uncle RL, who is also my godfather. My mother had the best timing in the world.

My birth wasn’t exactly a wonderful thing. My father was dying from Hodgkin’s disease. He passed away when I was 10 months old. I was actually due in September but Mama always told me that she was so frantic about my father and trying to care for him and Nancy that the doctors presumed I was so late because she was so stressed. Mama, as I’ve said before, was a wonderful seamstress. She had made Nancy a Halloween costume. Nancy would have been 5 years old on November 7th. She was dressing Nancy in her costume when her water broke. It sure wasn’t like this day and age because Mama was at my grandmother’s house in Woodstock, GA and someone had to drive her to Marietta to Kennestone Hospital where I was born. That was a long drive in 1950 in the middle of the night. As a side note, my son, Jeff, was also born at Kennestone Hospital. He was late, too.

Christmas is coming and customers are doing their Christmas shopping at Cajun Stitchery. Get this out of the way as soon as you can. For all who have businesses out there, remember that we also sell personalized gift baskets.

Always remember that we are just a call or email away at cajunstitchery@yahoo.com or 850-261-2462 and place your order.

ΘΘΘΘΘ

Well Boudreaux and Thibodaux get lucky and get a job at NASA anyway. But they get fired the next day. Because every time the PA system says "Launch." Boudreaux and Thibodaux take out their lunch box and start eating.

ΘΘΘΘΘ

French phrase of the week: Il a ôté ses souliers avant d'entrer dans la maison. (He took off his shoes before entering the house.)

ΘΘΘΘΘ

From: http://hbbase.com/grooming/nail-care/home-remedies-toenail-fungus-unusual-products-act-toenail-fungus-treatments.html

Six Unusual Home Nail Fungus Treatments

As soon as you have seen the presence of fungi in your toenails, you should think of some other home remedies aside from the ones mentioned above. These products are unusual in the sense that you may have never thought that they can be effective in treating toenail fungus. Also, these products are noted to perform other functions in the body that is far from treating toenail fungus. Well, despite this, you might as well want to have a look at these so-called unusual home remedies for toenail fungus.

1. Vinegar. Vinegar, as we all know, is an important condiment in the kitchen. We use it most especially in cooking or preparing a sauce for our favorite dishes. But yes, it can be a cure to toenail fungus as well.

What you need to do is to simply mix vinegar with warm water with the same proportions inside a basin. Apple cider vinegar is highly recommended for the process. After preparing the solution, you may soak your toenails for 20 minutes. Dry your toes with the use of a towel at the same time use a super absorbent paper in the process. Prepare this solution at least twice a day until such time that toenail fungi is gone.

2. Tea Tree Oil. This essential oil is known for its many uses. Well, it is also capable of killing fungi while also getting rid of germs and all other harmful microorganisms that may infiltrate into your toes and toenails.

Get a cotton ball and dip it into the tea tree oil solution. The moistened cotton ball shall be rubbed into the infected areas. This will yield maximum results when done three times daily until you also get rid of the toenail fungi.

3. Listerine. Who would ever think that a mouthwash such as Listerine can be used to treat toenail fungi? Well, it is a good thing that it can be a solution to the problem. Just soak your toenails into the solution at least twice a day for a period of 20 minutes. Listerine works as antiseptic that can destroy or even prevent fungi from bothering you again in the future.

4. Rubbing Alcohol. This product is available anywhere in the corner. Used as an antiseptic or in cleansing wounds, it can also be used in treating toenail fungi. Soak your infected toes and nails in the solution once every morning and once in the evening. With the aid of paper towels, you should dry these areas thoroughly.

5. 3% Hydrogen Peroxide Solution. You may use this solution the same way you use Listerine and rubbing alcohol. If any irritation occurs during the procedure, you may combine hydrogen peroxide with water. The proportion needed is 1:1.

6. Vicks Vaporub. This is the most controversial among home remedies for toenail fungus. Some have vouched for its efficacy while some people say it does not. Vicks however is good only for stopping the growth of the fungus but does not totally eliminate the fungi.

Please let me know if there is something that you would like to see in the weekly email. You may always call me at (850) 261-2462 or email me at cajunstitchery@yahoo.com.

If you are not a subscriber and would like to receive Cajun Corner weekly, please email cajunstitchery@yahoo.com and let me know to put you on our email list.

C’est tout, mes amis

Peggy Henshall

Cajun Stitchery

(850) 261-2462

cajunstitchery@yahoo.com

P.S. You are always welcome to stop by and look at all of the catalogs and pass some time with me, cher.

SALE OF THE WEEK (Good through Thursday, November 4, 2010)

(Cajun Stitchery maintains a very small inventory in house. When our customers order items from us, we then order the items from the manufacturer. We pass the cost of shipping and/or handling that we incur from the manufacturer to the customer. When we ship items to a customer, we include our shipping cost on the invoice, as well.)

SALE: Jacket without embroidery = $18.00 plus wholesaler’s shipping/handling

Satin Baseball Jacket

Light lined satin baseball jacket is available in two styles: Style 326, available in 7 colors with two white stripes knit trim, and Style 327, available in 5 colors with solid knit trim. Our light lined satin baseball jacket is available in adult sizes up to 3XL and complements the youth versions of these styles. Features include:

• 100% Nylon Satin

• Knit Collar, Cuffs & Waistband

• Color-Matched 8 Snap Closure

• Light Flannel Lining

• Stand-Up Collar

• Raglan Sleeves

• Reinforced Nylon Pockets

• Water Repellant

• Machine Washable

• Individually Poly-Bagged

Available sizes: S, M, L, XL, 2XL, 3XL

Available colors: Red, Black, Royal, Navy, Dark Green, Maroon, and Kelly are available with stripe trim. Black, White, Royal, Navy, and Red are available with solid trim.

No comments:

Post a Comment