Monday, October 4, 2010

The Festival is Over and it was a Huge Success

The Pensacola Beach 3rd Annual Arts & Wine Festival is now a memory.  We are looking forward to next year.  The weather was absolutely gorgeous.  It was nice talking to all of the visitors and finding out that there are many tourists still visiting the beach.  The people were so pleasant and interesting.  We met friends from Louisiana.  One lady is a good friend of my cousin's wife.  That was a real surprise to find we have friends and relatives in common.  We were surrounded by good friends all weekend.  Is there anything better than that?  Oh yes, we sold a bunch of stuff, too.

The Cajun Stitchery banner did well.  Next year we plan on 2 more banners for the remaining 2 sides of the tent.  We are also considering putting fabric or banners down each pole of the tent.  We did get the second table this year, which really worked out well.  Next year I hope to have matching tablecloths and some display containers.

Several of the little cell phone pouches were sold.  I was surprised when I finally realized that people did not know what they were.  Most people thought they were koozies.  Well, if you can get a can in that little pouch, best of luck to ya.  Once I showed them my pouch with my cell phone in it, everyone understood.

Everything with a fleur de lis was sold.  I should have done more fleur de lis.  Lesson learned.  We won't be making that mistake again.  It always amazes me the thing that do and do not sell.  As well as what does and doesn't sell at different venues.

The little white bottle apron with the tiny chef hat sold the first day.  Darn!  We never got around to making the bottle aprons.  Maybe they would have sold, too.

Today we are picking up from the weeked.  Accounting for what did and did not sell. And trying to put all of that information into conclusions about what to make for next year.

I don't expect to dwell on this past weekend, though.  It's time to move forward.  The next holiday is Halloween.  There are some cute little spooky designs in our collection.  As a matter of fact, we sold the white tea towel with the little witch embroidered on it.  The pattern companies like Simplicity, McCalls, Butterick, and Vogue all have such adorable Halloween patterns for everything from costumes to home decor. 

That reminds me.  I need to clean this house and decorate for Halloween. I would love to have a nice, black tablecloth with orange napkins.  We could embroider a spooky design on the napkins.  I cannot forget to have some black bats or spiders hanging from the light over the table.  This year I'm thinking about making several little back or orange pouches with the word "Halloween" embroidered on them.  I can stuff them with candy and had out to our trick or treaters.  Of course, the candy bags would have to go into a large, black cauldron, i.e., bucket.  What fun!

I also have at least 3 birthdays this month.  Two of the gifts are done.  I need to finish the third.  There is so much to do.  I know better than to wait until the last minute, but that's how it always happens.

The weather is so cool today.  George is outside working in the yard.  The garden is looking nice.  The windows are open and the fresh air is intoxicating.  As soon as we open the windows in the morning, the cats jump right up, like magnets. 

I better get going cleaning this place up.  We have lots of orders to fill this week.

C'est toute, mes amis.

No comments:

Post a Comment