Monday, October 18, 2010

Yes, We Embroider Company Logos

Yesterday I was having difficulty getting pictures on this blog.  Let's hope things go easier today.

  
Our customer stopped by this morning to pick up her shirts with the Moses Electric logo.  She was very pleased.  She told me that the owner is anxious to see the embroidery and she hopes to send more business our way.  That is so sweet of her.  She continued to tell me that her daughter is also anxious to see the quality of our work.  Her daughter works for a large embroidery company in South Florida.  They would have done the embroidery but the order was too small.  This is another things special to Cajun Stitchery.  No order is too small or too large for us.  Most embroidery companies have a minimum number of items that they will embroider per order.  One local company that I am familiar with has a minimum of 100.  We will take one item or 1,000.  We can get it done with equal quality. 

In the case of Moses Electric, and a lot of other smaller companies that used to provide their employees with the work shirt with their name embroidered, in order to cut back on expenses the employee must get their shirts embroidered themselves.  The problem with that is the digitizing and set up fees.  Now that we have digitized the logo, other employees can come in and not have to pay that fee.  It's already done.  If the employees want to go to other embroiderers, then each new embroiderer will have to digitize the logo and charge their digitizing fee.

As you can tell, I'm thrilled with this customer.  I really like the lady.  She lives near my house.  And, if she really can bring in more customers, this will be a new area of customers, which will be healthy for Cajun Stitchery. 

Moses Electric isn't the only job we are doing around here.  Another customer wants us to embroider a guitar strap for her brother for Christmas.  The strap is made from 2 inch black webbing.  Well, it just so happened that we have a bolt of 2" black webbing.  We stitched a sample on our webbing and were amazed at how nice the embroidery machine stitches on webbing.  Now I have all kinds of ideas creeping into my head about making guitar straps, dog collars, dog leashes, etc.

There's a lot of digitizing to do this week, as well as, locating some special items.  I've had 2 people contact me about satin jackets.  The black satin isn't a problem.  But I am having a difficult time finding the purple satin jacket.

Then there is the customer who wants the market baskets.  You know, those baskets that have the aluminum frame and the fabric basket attaches with Velcro.  At first, I thought I found a really good deal but the closer I looked at the item, it has a zippered lid and is insulated.  It would make a gorgeous picnic basket but it's not what my customer is looking for.  I did find what she wants are a really good price in China.  There is a minimum order that has to be placed.  I've never ordered anything from China but if I get enough orders, I think I will give it a shot.  It does take awhile, I believe something like 2 weeks, to ship.  My understanding is that we can embroider all over the cloth basket, and they come in several colors.  Although, it may be one of those things where you place the order and get the colors that they send you, unless you purchase all the same color.  I don't know.  It looks as though I could sell those baskets with the embroidered name on them for about $30, which seems to be on the low end of the prices that I've seen on the internet.

Got to get back to work now.


C'est tout, mes amis.

No comments:

Post a Comment