Tuesday, January 18, 2011

Throws, Parties and Taxes

I missed writing Cajun Corner last Friday and missed posting to the blog on Monday.  It's been a busy weekend.  This was our krewe's bead trip weekend to Mobile.  We left Friday around noon and returned Sunday afternoon. Those are some wild and crazy girls.  We partied Friday night, shopped all day Saturday, partied Saturday night, and we did not leave Mobile until the afternoon on Sunday.  While shopping I did find some happy face foam throws.  That is so me.  I had to have that, along with so many blinky, lighted toys.

As I've mentioned before, Mardi Gras season is very busy and my calendar is booked each and every weekend until Mardi Gras.  Not to mention that this is also Cajun Stitchery's busy season.

This month began with me trying to restock our Etsy shop.  I made about 20 handkerchiefs and needed to put some embroidery on them.  So far the 2011 hanky's are all blinged up with mylar embroidery.  Remember the 70 gross of rhinestones that I bought?  Don't be surprised if you start seeing rhinestone bling, too.  Those hot fix rhinestones are pretty cool.  The hardest part is when you are putting a lot of those tiny rhinestones on a design without bumping it and everything moving.  All you can do at that point is start all over.  But once the rhinestones are in place, it's only a matter of placing an iron on the rhinestones to melt the glue.  Combining the rhinestones with embroidery is very beautiful.

All of my big bills are due at the same time this year, homeowner's insurance, car insurance, and, let us not forget that it's income tax season, as well.  With all of that in mind, I was trying to figure out a new, kitsch design for the hankies.  A dollar sign digitized for mylar, of course.  When your money woes cause you to cry, use our nice little hankies to dry those tears.

I love flash drives a/k/a thumb drives.  George picked up a 16 gigabyte flash drive for me the other day and it didn't work.  I got online and ordered a 32 gigabyte for only $10 more than the 16 gig.  Yesterday I organized all of my designs onto one drive, pictures on another drive, and business on another.  Our embroidery designs take up almost 20 gigabytes -- that's a lot of designs.  I probably need one more 32 gig flash drive, but I'll get that later.

Hopefully, I'll be able to stay on top of my posts now, but who knows in this crazy season.

Smiles until nex time:>)

No comments:

Post a Comment