Friday, February 11, 2011

Cajun Corner - Vol. 3, No. 6

Cajun Corner – Vol. 3, No. 6 – February 11, 2011


Bon Jour! Welcome to Cajun Stitchery’s weekly email and welcome to our family.

ΘΘΘΘΘ

Don’t forget to visit our catalog at www.companycasuals.com/cajunstitchery and www.cajunstitchery.etsy.com often.

Last Saturday was the infamous Nauga Party on the beach. The Dock was packed with people. Thank goodness for our King Pierce and sweet Judy for saving a table for us. We stayed about an hour and a half or two hours and left. It actually was a miscommunication between George and me. Honest to goodness the noise level in that place was so loud you couldn’t even hear yourself think. We had a wonderful time. As it turned out, we left at a perfect time. By the time we got home I was sick as a dog and went directly to bed.

Today was the first day this week that I’ve actually worked. I was still sick in bed on Tuesday. By Wednesday I started feeling a little bit better and sat up for most of the day. Yesterday was a bit better and today I’m starting to regain my strength and could work. It hit George hard on Tuesday and he’s still in bed. I have to agree with George, “What a wasted week!”

The Nereids are having a fun party tomorrow night at krewe den and I just hate to miss it. I can’t afford a relapse and need to be home to take care of George.

As you can imagine, there’s not much to report this week.

Earlier this week, while lying on the sofa, the phone rang. It was a gentleman asking if I could make some patches for his golf bag. To make a long story short, I think he found my website and called. He is in Oklahoma. The patches were done today and will be mailed to him on Monday. The system worked perfectly. Between email and the phone I was able to put a design together for him and email him the computer simulated design for his approval. Upon his approval, I sent him the PayPal invoice, which he paid. I love it when a plan comes together.

Several years ago when I was working with the brain injury groups, I met a young girl with a brain injury who I believe lives in Pennsylvania. We have always kept in touch via email. She is now in her early 20’s. Her name is Ali. Ali sent me an email this week about an incident that she thought was funny. She was holding up a peanut for her bird while saying, “Birdie want a peanut?” Her dad had taught one of their birds to say, “Birdie want a peanut?” by doing the same thing. So, she thought she’d give it a try. After repeating this several times, her sister yelled at her from the other room saying, “Ali, doves don’t talk.”

If you are not a subscriber and would like to receive Cajun Corner weekly, please email cajunstitchery@yahoo.com and let me know to put you on our email list.

===================================

Thanks to Marshall Larrivere for the following:

In Louisiana , this fella, Boudreaux, had a bad vehicle accident, caused by an 18-wheeler that ran a stop sign.

In court, the trucking company's fancy lawyer was questioning Boudreaux:

Didn't you say, at the scene of the accident, "I'm fine"? the lawyer asked..

Boudreaux responded, "Let me told you what happened. Me, I had jus loaded my favorite mule, Bessie, into da . ."

"I didn't ask for any details," the lawyer interrupted.

"Just answer the question. Did you not say, at the scene of the accident, "I'm fine!"?

Boudreaux said, "I had jus got Bessie into da trailer and I was driving down da road . . "

The lawyer interrupted again and said, "Judge, I am trying to establish the fact that, at the scene of the accident, this man told the State Policeman on the scene that he was just fine. Now several weeks after the accident he is trying to sue my client. I believe he is a fraud. Please tell him to answer the question."

By this time, the Judge was fairly interested in Boudreaux's answer and said to the lawyer, "I'd like to hear what he has to say about his favorite mule, Bessie.."

Boudreaux thanked the Judge and proceeded, "I had just loaded Bessie, my favorite mule, into da trailer and was driving her down da highway when dis huge semi-truck and trailer ran da stop sign and smacked my truck right in da side. Me, I was thrown into one ditch and Bessie was thrown into da udder.. I was hurting, real bad and didn't want to move at tall. But, I could herd ole Bessie moanin and groanin. Me, I knew she was in some kind o' terrible shape just by her groans.

Shortly after da accident, a State Policeman, he came on da scene. He herd Bessie moanin' and groanin' so, him, he went over ta her. After he took hisself a look at her, he took out his gun and shot her between da eyes.

Den da Patrolman came cross d a road, gun in hand, and looked at me, and said 'How are you feeling?...'"

"...Now what da hell would you say?!"

Did you know:

The pelican in the Louisiana flag is an old symbol of protection - an old legend tells of a mother pelican tearing flesh from herself to feed her young; this pelican represents the state protecting the people and their land.

===============================================

French Phrase of the Week: J'ai la grippe (I have the flu)

===============================================

C’est tout, mes amis

Peggy Henshall

Cajun Stitchery

(850) 261-2462

cajunstitchery@yahoo.com

P.S. You are always welcome to stop by and look at all of the catalogs and pass some time with me, cher.

No comments:

Post a Comment