Monday, February 21, 2011

Cajun Corner - Vol. 3, No. 7

Cajun Corner – Vol. 3, No. 7 – February 21, 2011


Bon Jour! Welcome to Cajun Stitchery’s weekly email and welcome to our family.

ΘΘΘΘΘ

Don’t forget to visit our catalog at www.companycasuals.com/cajunstitchery and www.cajunstitchery.etsy.com often.

We are well, completely well now. The only remnant of the cold is that we still have a slight cough. George and I are rarely ill, but when we are, we apparently do it in a big way. I am so glad that is over and we can get back to Mardi Gras.

This weekend was mostly spent at our Krewe Den. Yep, we started dance practice on Friday and I’ve been working on the costume committee, too. It’s so nice to spend time with the girls. We always have so much fun together. The weather was simply beautiful and made working outside a pleasure.

Last week a dear friend of mine contacted me wanting patches for their krewe. They are the Krewe of Sirens in Pensacola. I worked with those girls for many years when I was a paralegal. It was so nice to touch base, again. I was going to Krewe Den during the day and working on the patch at night. It’s a little 3 inch patch and, of course, the lettering is always the hard part. Small lettering, as I’ve said before, is about the hardest thing you can do in embroidery. Larger lettering is a piece of cake. I digitized and re-digitized until finally last night I stitched out a patch that I was pleased with and the lettering was legible. I really wanted to use the Mylar on this patch to make it shiny but the Mylar is so shiny that it blurred the lettering. Now that the patch is done to my liking, I’ll go back in and do some tweaking and maybe try the Mylar, again. Now I’m just waiting to hear back from the girls about how they like it.

This year the Nereids had a private party at Krewe Den instead of the Black Tie Ball. I was sick and had to miss it but from the pictures and everything that I’ve heard, the party was a huge success. There is talk that we will start having the party instead of the ball from here on out. One thing that I heard over and over was that there were lots of people, lots of food and music, but you could actually sit down and have a meaningful conversation with people. At the ball everything is so loud that you rarely get a chance to have a conversation.

The gentleman from Oklahoma that ordered the 4 Gator patches from me emailed this week that he was very pleased with his purchase. That always makes me happy. I want to do a good job for everyone and it’s always nice to hear that the customer is pleased. When I don’t hear back from potential customers, it always makes me sad. I never know if they didn’t like the design, if they felt the price was too high, or the quality too low, or what the problem is. I don’t want to call and sound like a nag about it. If you order from me and are not pleased with any aspect of the sale, please, please let me know and perhaps we can do something to make you a happy customer. After all, that is what I want – Happy Customers.

Last week I was contacted by Boxercraft. They sent me their catalog. Wow! The stuff in their catalog is so cool. Probably more geared for younger people but it has some really nice looking clothes, a lot of animal prints, like zebra. I showed the catalog to my friend, Sharon, and she just loved everything. Anyway, I am the new local distributor of Boxercraft. Go to www.boxercraft.com and look at all of their stuff. If you find something that you like, I can get it for you and probably at a better price.

Cajun Stitchery has accounts with many vendors from napkins to robes to all kinds of apparel. If you are looking for something, let me know and I’ll see if I can get it for you via one of our vendors.

The Etsy Store always needs constant care. We’ve been in a couple of treasuries over the past week. I’m still making scarves. You know, my goal is to use up all of the fabric in my house. There is fabric upstairs and downstairs. Even after making all of the stuff that I have made, it hasn’t even put a dent in the fabric.

Another friend of mine has opened a business selling their own special hot sauce. The name is WTF Hot Sauce. We’ve been embroidering black ball caps with WTF embroidered in white on them. Embroidery is one of the simplest and most economical ways to market your product or business. Whether it’s a tote, cap, shirt, or jacket, it’s a great marketing tool.

Well, I have to get back to Boudreaux and embroider some satin jackets. Call or email me if you need anything.

If you are not a subscriber and would like to receive Cajun Corner weekly, please email cajunstitchery@yahoo.com and let me know to put you on our email list.



Thanks to Marshall Larrivere for the following:

The day after his wife disappeared in a boating vacation off Lake Verret , Boudreaux answered his door to find two grim-faced local policemen.



"We know it's late, Boudreaux, but we have some information about you wife," said one of the Cajun cops.



"Well,tell me! Did ya'll find her!?"



"Mais, we got some bad news, some good news, and den some really great news.....

What you wanna hear, first?"

Fearing the worst, Boudreaux said

"Gimme me the bad news first."

"I'm sorry to tell you, but this morning we found your wife's body in the water."

"Oh my God!" cried Boudreaux...

Swallowing hard, he asked, "An what's the good news?"

"When we pull her up, she had 6 twenty-five pound blue crabs and 12 jumbo crawfish clinging to her."

"Well if dat's the good news, what be the great news???"

"We plan to pull her up again tomorrow."



Did you know:

As the tallest state capitol in the United States, the building is 450 feet tall with 34 floors. Twenty-five hundred rail cars were needed to bring in the limestone used on the exterior and the interior marbles which came from distant places, including Vermont and Italy. The cost to complete the building was a modest $5 million. The architects used symbolism throughout the design of the building. As the square tower rises, it is cut away to an octagon at the 22nd floor. At this point four allegorical winged figures guard the corners and they represent Law, Science, Philosophy and Art.

===============================================

French Phrase of the Week: Vivre la vie à son plus plein (Live life to its fullest.)

===============================================

C’est tout, mes amis

Peggy Henshall

Cajun Stitchery

(850) 261-2462

cajunstitchery@yahoo.com

P.S. You are always welcome to stop by and look at all of the catalogs and pass some time with me, cher.
S A L E
Perfect Fit V-Neck Tee from Boxercraft with your name or initials embroidered on left chest = $10.00 (plus sales tax/shipping as applicable)

Features a longer, tunic length and contoured fit. Constructed from extra soft 4.5 oz., 100% combed ringspun cotton.

Sizes – Adult XS-XXL
Sizes – Youth YS-YL


No comments:

Post a Comment