Monday, March 21, 2011

Runny Nose Hankies and Other Goodies


This weekend must have been digitize weekend.  I have another Mardi Gras krewe asking for a quote on embroidery.  It's a new krewe, the Mystic Krewe of Fruitcakes.  What a cute name!  In order for me to give them a quote, I have to digitize the logo.  They are asking for a quote on caps and shirts with the logo.  This logo is going to be about 3.5 inches wide.  All of those tiny details to fit into 3.5 inches nearly blinded me.  I have to magnify the screen to see the details.  About every hour or so, I have to get up and look at something else just to get my eyes working properly.  The digitizing is almost done.  Then I have to fine tune and stitch it out.  If it doesn't stitch out nice and smooth, I'm back to the drawing board.  Usually it's just a tweak here and there.  I must say the digitizing is fun.  After this logo, I have to do the same for a county deputy's logo for his shirt.

We did go to a neighborhood gathering around the fire on Saturday night.  It was a lot of fun.  Our neighbors get along very well.

Sometime ago I ran across a couple of designs that just made me laugh out loud.  One was a nose with running legs out of the nostrils -- runny nose -- get it?  The other was a man picking his nose.  I embroidered a couple of handkerchiefs today with the runny nose.  Actually, the design is an outline but when I embroidered the outline on the hanky, the stripes in the fabric sort of hid the design.  So, I went to the opposite corner and embroidered the design filled in.  They are in the Etsy store.

One of my neighbors won the contest for the napkins this week.  She knew I had a red Geo Metro.

Let's have another contest for a set of 4 napkins with the winner's initials/monogram.  Who wrote the book "Beat of an Island Drum" decribing how Mardi Gras came to Pensacola Beach.  The first person to email me at peggyhenshall@yahoo.com the correct answer will get a set of 4 napkins with the winner's initials/monogram.  Contest ends Tuesday, March 22, 2011, at midnight. 

Good luck:>) 

3 comments:

  1. Anyhow certain types of embroidery look better on certain types of materials. You can add names on the front of your shirts so that the customer will be on the more personal first name basis. digitizing for embroidery

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thats why embroidery digitizing is called an art and this is the example of true art. Good idea and great design. Keep it up...

    ReplyDelete