Thursday, April 28, 2011

Cajun Corner - Vol. 3, No. 17

 
Cajun Corner – Vol. 3, No. 17 – April 28, 2011


Bon Jour! Welcome to Cajun Stitchery’s weekly email and welcome to our family.

ΘΘΘΘΘ

Don’t forget to visit our catalog at www.companycasuals.com/cajunstitchery and www.cajunstitchery.etsy.com often.

Cajun Stitchery will be closed tomorrow and reopen on Monday. I’m going out-of-town to visit a girlfriend for the weekend.

The Easter bonnet was a success. Pictures of the bonnet are on Facebook, as well as our blog. I did not win the Easter bonnet contest but I was certainly noticed. The pink bonnet with the blue lace had fringed flowers and 3D butterflies, along with other embroidery and rickrack, bunny stickers, and lots of rhinestones. Hooray for the new rhinestone applicator.

I still haven’t finished Kim’s diaper stacker. I do know where she wants the designs located now. It will get done. I just had a little more time to work on it and put some other projects ahead of it.

Some of my friends are watching the eagle family and the hummingbird family on U-stream on the computer. Apparently the mother eagle was killed by an airplane and the sanctuary took the babies to finish raising by hand. One of the hummingbird chicks came out of its egg today – what a crack up. I told my friend that it was the wildlife version of General Hospital and As the World Turns – or as Johnny used to say, As the Stomach Turns. I do think it is really cool that we can all watch these live cameras via the internet. I’m also pleased that people are taking such an interest in wildlife. I went to U-stream today and ended up watching some puppies sleep. Not a lot of action there, but they were cute.

This week I’ve been working at the Etsy store. I still don’t have 100 items for sale but I’m getting there. I think today I had 82 items for sale. I put several handkerchiefs on there this week; most say “Mom” for Mother’s Day. The last 2 “You Have A Booger” handkerchiefs sold last week. I need to make some more. Who would have thought that would be a big seller? I have a couple of handkerchiefs that I hope to list tonight that say, “Mamma Mia.” I thought that would be cute for Mother’s Day, as well.

Good bye to the blackberries. We had blackberry cobbler every other evening for a week or two. Now they are just about gone. There aren’t enough out there for a cobbler, so I’ll let the birds eat the rest. Our plan of sectioning off an area of the yard and letting the blackberries grow as they like, really worked. I found a cobbler recipe online that even I could make: First you melt ¼ cup of butter in a pot. Then you mix together 1 cup of flour, 1 cup of sugar, 1 tablespoon of baking powder, and 1 cup of milk. Put the flour mixture in the pot on top of the melted butter – DO NOT STIR. Then you put 2 cups of blackberries on top of that – DO NOT STIR. Then you bake in the over on 350 degrees for 25 minutes or until golden brown. Delicious!

I have to pack for my trip. Have a wonderful week.

If you are not a subscriber and would like to receive Cajun Corner weekly, please email cajunstitchery@yahoo.com and let me know to put you on our email list.

Thank you Sandy for sending the following joke:

Boudreaux and Marie came for counseling after 20 years of marriage. When asked what the problem was, Marie went into a passionate, painful tirade listing every problem they had ever had in the 20 years they had been married.

She went on and on and on: neglect, lack of intimacy, emptiness, loneliness, feeling unloved and unlovable, an entire laundry list of unmet needs she had endured over the course of their marriage.

Finally, after allowing this to go on for a sufficient length of time, the therapist got up, walked around the desk and, after asking Marie to stand, embraced and kissed her passionately as Boudreaux watched with a raised eyebrow. Marie shut up and quietly sat down as though in a daze.

The therapist turned to Boudreaux and said, 'This is what your wife needs at least three times a week. Can you do this?'

Boudreaux thought for a moment and replied, 'Well, I can drop her off here on Mondays and Wednesdays, but on Fridays, I fish.'

==================================================

French Phrase of the Week: Dans le temps de mes grandsparents, les filles allaient pas au bal sans leur mère. (In my grandparents' day, girls did not go to dances without their mothers.)

===============================================

C’est tout, mes amis

Peggy Henshall

Cajun Stitchery

(850) 261-2462

cajunstitchery@yahoo.com

P.S. You are always welcome to stop by and look at all of the catalogs and pass some time with me, cher.

No comments:

Post a Comment