Tuesday, May 24, 2011

Lagniappe means a little something extra

I still can't get over how popular the Union Thug can wraps are.  We mailed the first order out today.  The customer is a postal worker and had us make a Union Thug patch with a red, white and blue mailbox.  The patch is going to be a gift.  Of course, Cajun Stitchery includes a lagniappe with each order.  This customer is going to be surprised and delighted to see her lagniappe.  I had to stitchout a sample of the patch design on fabric, so I turned it into a can wrap.  Turned out cute, don't you think?

I finished an order for an even dozen of the can wraps this morning and as soon as I get the address, that order will be mailed.  The customer is a very dear friend of our's and I'm trying to decide on "the perfect" lagniappe for his order.

Sometime ago, when I was originally making can wraps, a friend of mine told me that she didn't like them because they weren't adjustable.  She drinks bottled beer.  The can wraps fit a regular soda or beer can.  Today I took a little time out to design an adjustable can wrap.  George loves it.  They are all done in-the-hoop.  I put eyelits in the design so that a string or shoelace or whatever can be threaded to keep the wrap snug at the size required.  I did one with elastic but the can slips out of the wrap easily.  We had other ideas but those were way too much work and we'd have to charge more than anyone would pay.

My next step with the can wraps is to do the new version with the Proud to be a Union Thug design and see if this speeds up the process any.

C'est tout, mes amis:>)

No comments:

Post a Comment