Tuesday, June 14, 2011

The Most Unexpected Places



Saturday I attended an open house at a friend's beauty salon.  She told me to bring  some of my stuff and set to sell.  Obediently, I did as she suggested.  It turned out that this was a wonderful evening.  Yes, I sold some things and was able to show off the new market baskets, but I met new (and old) friends and simply had a lovely time.  On top of a lovely evening, I won a door prize for my hair to be colored.  Two of my friends also won similar door prizes and we scheduled appointments together on Thursday.  That should be fun.

I had purchased four of the hot pink, mini, market baskets.  A customer had purchased three and ordered some embroidery.  I bought an extra one, just in case.  Well, that extra one was sold at the open house.  Yesterday and today I worked on the mini hot pink orders and am now ready for delivery.  They are adorable, don't you think?

This week is when Wachovia and Wells Fargo merge.  Today was when the accounts online were affected.  Of course, nothing worked for us.  We called customer service but were not able to get someone who understood what we wanted to do.  Finally, George and I went to our bank.  For the most part the banking was successful but more than that, the representative helping us began asking about embroidery and was looking into embroidery on hand fans, like Spanish fans.  She attends ballroom dancing classes.  It just goes to show that you can pick up customers wherever you go, even in the most unexpected places.

I still haven't finished my bookkeeping today so I'll make this short.


C'est tout, mes amis:>)

No comments:

Post a Comment