Friday, August 26, 2011

Cajun Corner - Vol. 3, No. 34


Cajun Corner – Vol. 3, No. 34 – August 25, 2011

Bon Jour!  Welcome to Cajun Stitchery’s weekly email and welcome to our family.

 

ΘΘΘΘΘ

Don’t forget to visit our blog at www.cajunstitchery.blogspot.com, catalog at www.companycasuals.com/cajunstitchery and www.cajunstitchery.etsy.com often.   We are also on Twitter and Facebook. 

Visit our new on-line catalog at:

http://www.imprintit.biz/cgi-bin/cobrand/site.w?location=olc/catalog-home.w&top=catalog&frames=no&target=main&sponsor=000699

Cajun Stitchery is registered with many wholesalers for many types of items but there is one wholesaler where we regularly get a variety of items.   This wholesaler has provided an on-line catalog for Cajun Stitchery.  The web address is very long (see above).  All of the items listed are maintained by the wholesaler and you can even see what they have in stock.  I’m really excited about this.  The other wholesaler where we have an on-line catalog is good but a little more difficult to work through that catalog.  At least I think so.  Nevertheless, the prices in the catalogs are my actual customer prices.   You can order, I believe, through the Company Casuals catalog but the order will come to me.  I don’t believe that you can order through the new catalog.  It’s more that you can see what is available and the prices.  You can tell me the item number, color(s), and size(s) and I can order it for you.  Of course, there will be a shipping charge. 

Often customers will come to me and say something like, “I want a blue tee shirt.”  As you can see in the catalog, there are lots of blue tee shirts.  By allowing the customer to view the catalog, you can purchase exactly what you want and I know that you and I are on the same page.  Anyway, please browse through the on-line catalog.  There is so much more than just tee shirts available.  Even if you don’t want embroidery but just like the item, I’ll be glad to get it for you.  Of course, I always want everyone covered in embroidery.  But that’s just me.

For all of those who are in the Pensacola area, the Mystic Krewe of Nereids will be hosting our annual SPLASH Party this Sunday at Paradise Bar & Grill on beautiful Pensacola Beach.  The party begins at 2:00 p.m.  This party is family oriented, so feel free to bring the kids.  We will have games and prizes, a dunking booth, raffle, 50/50, various items for sale – ask Kathi about her Fascinators.  Music is provided by Vincent Wainwright and Boogie, Inc.  Come one, come all but be prepared to be soaked.  Bring your squirt guns, water blasters, and other water weapons.  There is a rumor that if we have enough people attending in mermaid costumes (other than Nereids, of course), then we will have a best mermaid contest. 

Next Friday is our Pensacola WBL (Women’s Business Luncheon) meeting.  At each meeting a business card is drawn out of a basket.  That business is offered the opportunity of giving a 5 minute commercial, in person, in front of all those women at the next meeting.  It is an opportunity to let those women know more about your business.  You guessed it; Cajun Stitchery is going to have its 5 minutes of fame next Friday.  I have an outline done to help me along with the who, what, when, where, how and why.  That is probably all I will be able to do in 5 minutes.  One of my WBL friends suggested handing out flyers, which I am seriously considering.  I think I’m going to talk on the topic of how to order embroidery.  That may sound simple but it is surprising how many people don’t know the 3 steps to ordering embroidery:  (1) graphic design, (2) digitizing, and (3) embroidering.  If you think of me next Friday morning – say a prayer, please.

George and I were talking about my 5 minute commercial and decided that people, like me, in the South should get 10 minutes because we talk slower than Northern people. 

Our Etsy Store sold another Proud to be a Union Thug can wrap this morning.  The customer was so excited.  He said he was going to use the can wrap over the Labor Day weekend and expects to have a lot of fun with it.  I hadn’t even thought about it, but that is such a cute idea, and appropriate.

This week has been busy with towel orders and luggage grips.  I’m kicking myself because although I did take pictures of the completed towel order; I forgot to take pictures of the luggage grip order.

Have you heard of Google+?  One of my nieces got me on Google+, trial version.  I think it is Google’s answer to Facebook.  I had a time figuring out how to add people to my circles.  Then one day I added my friend, Jennifer, and ever since when I go to Google+, it opens at Jennifer’s page, and just blinks off and on.  Right now I am not impressed with Google+ at all.

I am playing around with HootSuite, though.  Still trying to figure it out.  Apparently, you can connect all of your networking media to one place, HootSuite, and if you want to send out a message, you type it once and HootSuite sends it to all of your networks at once.  Pretty cool.  Now I need to learn how to make it do this.

This past Wednesday I brought out all of our wares to the kitchen and set it up like a store.  I am so glad that I went through this exercise.  I realized that it is no fun going to a store and looking at a bunch of stuff lying on a table.  We need to have all like items together and in some sort of display container.  We need different eye levels of merchandise.  I was arranging and rearranging the items for hours.  I will probably do this again and again before we get to the Arts & Wine Festival in October.  If anyone out there wants to make an appointment to see all of our items, now is definitely the time.  Just sit at the kitchen table.  I’ll provide coffee, water, milk, tea, whatever, and you can just shop around.  It would enable me to see how customers go through all of the stuff so that I can present our items better.

I would be remiss if I didn’t throw in a paragraph about the garden.  We are eating well this year.  We have green beans, tomatoes and about every kind of pepper than you can imagine.  There are a few watermelon plants growing but I haven’t seen any watermelons.  We have picked a few pods of okra and the eggplant is blooming.  We didn’t plant as much okra and eggplant as we have in the past.  The herbs are outstanding.  We have stevia, oregano, parsley, purple basil, rosemary, and mint.  I love my garden.

SALE:  G12900 Gildan Fleece Stadium Blanket



  • 9.3 oz. 50% cotton/50% polyester
  • Double needle hem
  • 50" X 60"

$15.00 without embroidery (normally $17.72)

$20.00 with name or initials embroidered

CHRISTMAS is around the corner.  Unbelievable, I know.  Get that Christmas shopping done now and enjoy the holidays.

If you are not a subscriber and would like to receive Cajun Corner weekly, please email cajunstitchery@yahoo.com and let me know to put you on our email list. 
===============================================================
Thanks to Marshall Larrivere for the following:

Boudreaux goes to Europe

Boudreaux, a furniture dealer from downtown New Iberia, La decided to expand the line of furniture in his store, so he decided to go to Europe to see what he could find.

He arrived in Paris in early morning, but had an afternoon appointment with the furniture maker, so he decided to visit a small bistro during his wait. As he sat enjoying his wine, he noticed that the small place was quite crowded, and that the other chair at his table was the only vacant seat in the house.

Before long, a very beautiful young Parisian girl came to his table; asked him something in German (which Boudreaux couldn't understand); so he motioned to the vacant chair and invited her to sit down.

He tried to speak to her in English, but she did not speak his language. After a couple of minutes of trying to communicate with her, he took a napkin and drew a picture of a wine glass and showed it to her. She nodded, so he ordered a glass of wine for her.

After sitting together at the table for a while, he took another napkin, and drew a picture of a plate with food on it, and she nodded. They left the bistro and found a quiet cafe near-by that featured a small group playing romantic music. They ordered lunch.....after which he took another napkin and drew a picture of a couple dancing. She nodded, and they got up to dance.
Boudreaux never had so much fun!

Back at their table, the young lady took a napkin and drew a picture of a
four-poster bed, which reminded Boudreaux of his appointment so he abruptly left.

To this day, Boudreaux still has no idea how she figured out he was in the furniture business.


Cajun French Phrase of the Week:

C'est la vie=That's life
Comme ci, comme ca= So So
Fais-do-do= kind of street dance






===============================================

C’est tout, mes amis



Peggy Henshall

Cajun Stitchery

(850) 261-2462




P.S.  You are always welcome to stop by and look at all of the catalogs and pass some time with me, cher.

No comments:

Post a Comment