Friday, October 14, 2011

Cajun Corner - Vol. 3, No. 41

Cajun Corner – Vol. 3, No. 41 – October 14, 2011



Bon Jour!  Welcome to Cajun Stitchery’s weekly email and welcome to our family.



ΘΘΘΘΘ

Don’t forget to visit our blog at www.cajunstitchery.blogspot.com, and www.cajunstitchery.etsy.com often.   We are also on Twitter and Facebook. 

Visit our on-line catalogs at:



The screen embroidery is finished.  George is going to make a frame for the screen to fit in my studio window.  Each design fits in the middle of a glass pane on the window.  The screen embroidery was very easy to do and I’m pleased with the end product.  There are so many things that can be done with the fiberglass screen.  I’ve seen beach bags made from it.  From the articles that I’ve read, sewing on the screen is not difficult.  In fact, we could embroider logos on screens.  That would be pretty cool to have your logo on a window screen or screen door for your store front.  Imagine the comments that would bring.

I know there are people who do not like Facebook, but I am certainly not one of them.  I have met so many people via Facebook that I would never have met otherwise.  My Facebook friends have actually become good friends and I have met face-to-face with many of them.  Mama would have loved Facebook.  Lately, friends have been posting some really cute pictures and sayings.  In the evenings, George and I go through the posts and have some really good laugh time together.  Last night a friend posted a button that said, “Don’t make me go all CAJUN on your ass.”  I loved it.  This morning I digitized it in a variety of designs.  That embroidery design is going to go on my clothing someplace.  At the arts and wine festival there were a few people who came over and asked where our Cajun stuff was.  Guess I better get some Cajun embroidery done.  Of course, with Christmas approaching, we have our Heaux, Heaux, Heaux design.  Last year we put that design on tea towels.  Let me know if you need some.

Our friend from Orlando departed this past Sunday.  We had a wonderful time together.  She even got to meet some of our wonderful neighbors.  She is engaged and the wedding will be next fall.  After catching up with all of the embroidery that I’ve done this year, she loved the can wrap and spent the weekend digitizing her wedding design for the can wrap.  Before she left, she made two of them.  They turned out nice.  While she was doing that, we began talking about boring needles.  Oh my gosh, I want a boring needle.  With a boring needle Boudreaux will be able to cut holes.  You may not think that an embroiderer would want holes but for items like the can wraps that have eyelets, rather than punching the holes after the eyelet is embroidered, the boring needle will cut the hole and then embroider the eyelet.  It makes the hole much neater and it is one less thing that I would have to do after the embroidery is done.  A boring needle is mostly used for cutwork and eyelets are a type of cutwork.  When we looked online for boring needles we found that they are about $28 each.  That’s a lot for a needle.  The thing we could not find is a place that sells them.  So, we are still looking for boring needles.

Remember my friend at Toucansave.com?  I hope everyone registered on their site.  If you had problems registering, try again.  There was a glitch that has now been fixed.  Anyway, the current coupon is for the Coffee House.  A few years ago a place called The Coffee House opened on Navy Boulevard, just a couple of blocks away from me.  One of my neighbors told me about it and he really liked it.  Although I wanted to go to The Coffee House, I never made it over there.  A few months ago I heard that it had closed.  It is so sad when a small business closes.  It turned out that they did not close but the rumor mill had run rampant.  So, Toucansave got with The Coffee House and are offering coupons this month.  I bought mine yesterday and George and I intend to go there today or tomorrow.  I think we paid about $4 for a $10 coupon.  So, for about $4 we can go to The Coffee House and get $10 worth of coffee, pastries, wraps, etc.  Not a bad deal at all.  I may end up getting more coupons.  A coupon is good for one visit.  But, heck, if George and I go there without the coupon, we would walk away with a tab of at least $10, anyway.  If you are local, especially if you live near NAS, go to Toucansave.com and take advantage of this fabulous deal.  We all need to support local businesses.

Wednesday I met a Facebook friend at Bonelli’s for lunch.  Bonelli’s is my Pensacola favorite dining establishment.  My friend owns Flamingo A Friend.  For those of you who do not live in the Pensacola area, Flamingo A Friend is a local business where for birthdays, anniversaries or whatever the occasion, they will put plastic flamingos all over your yard for a day.  I’ve also seen black crows and a variety of other things.  It is just a really cool and different thing to do for these occasions.  We met for lunch and bonded immediately.  She also has a business called Mr. Margarita that furnishes margaritas for parties.  Now she is also doing some arts and crafts but our meeting was getting to know each other.  I love to brainstorm and she does, too. 

We have partnered with Uptown Park Records, Hines Cleaning Service, Success & Friends, and The Cell Phone Place for Rebuilding The City of Pensacola Food Drive. Each of these businesses, including Cajun Stitchery, has a box displayed for the purpose of collecting non-perishable food for the Bay Area Food Bank to distribute to homeless shelters. The food is collected once per week. Folks, times are tough for everyone. But for the grace of God, there goes I. Let's make these boxes overflow with non-perishable food.  What I didn’t know before is that Bay Area Food Bank, located in Milton, is the only food bank that supplies food to the homeless shelters for 7 counties, including Escambia and Santa Rosa.  I do not want to make light of the other food banks.  They do a good and useful job.  They supply directly to people in need of food.  Bay Area supplies to the shelters.  All are in need of food.













All cell phone holders in our Etsy store are half price ($5.00), so stop by www.cajunstitchery.etsy.com and get some cute cell phone holders as gifts for Christmas.

CHRISTMAS is around the corner.  Get that Christmas shopping done now and enjoy the holidays.

If you are not a subscriber and would like to receive Cajun Corner weekly, please email cajunstitchery@yahoo.com and let me know to put you on our email list. 
===============================================================

Thank you Sandy Goodman for the following:

A new priest, born and raised in Texas, comes to
Lafayette, LA to serve and is nervous about
hearing confessions, so he asks the older priest
to sit in on his sessions.


The new priest hears a couple of confessions, then
the old priest asks him to step out of the
confessional for a few suggestions.


The old priest suggests, "Cross your arms over
your chest, and rub your chin with one hand and
try saying things like 'yes, I see,' and 'yes, go
on,' and 'I understand.'

The new priest crosses his arms, rubs his chin
with one hand and repeats all the suggested
remarks to the old priest.


The old priest says, "Now, don't you think that's
a little better than slapping your knee and
saying, "No shit... what happened next?"

=================================================================

C’est tout, mes amis



Peggy Henshall

Cajun Stitchery

(850) 261-2462




P.S.  You are always welcome to stop by and look at all of the catalogs and pass some time with me, cher.

No comments:

Post a Comment