Saturday, August 11, 2012

Cajun Corner - Vol. 4, No. 30


Cajun Corner – Vol. 4, No. 30 – August 11, 2012



Bon Jour!  Welcome to Cajun Stitchery’s weekly email and welcome to our family.

 

ΘΘΘΘΘ

Don’t forget to visit our blog at www.cajunstitchery.blogspot.com, and www.cajunstitchery.etsy.com often.   We are also on Twitter and Facebook. 

Visit our on-line catalogs at:



Okay.  I admit it.  I’m a hoarder.  My house is wall-to-wall stuff.  My real downfall is fabric, of course.  As a child I learned that you never give away a gift.  At this stage in my life the gifts are abounding.  Earlier this year George and I were trying to get rid of stuff but somehow more stuff has accumulated.  My little studio has totally run out of room.

With all of that said, I want to get rid of our once again abundance of stock items and stuff.  This week the pre-embroidered caps and visors in the photos attached to this email are on sale for $5 (plus tax and/or shipping as applicable) each.  This is a good time and opportunity to get a head start on Christmas gifts.

This still leaves me with a houseful of stuff.  Maybe I’ll have a sale or give-away each week until it is gone.  When I was cleaning out the kitchen cabinets, I had several beautiful glass vases.  I posted on Facebook that before I dump them, I was offering to give them away.  People posted that they wanted them but no one showed up to get them.  We ended up just putting them in the recycle garbage.  It was a shame because they were beautiful.

It is kind of funny because the year our sago palm had a multitude of babies, I offered to give those away and they were gone in no time.  That was sort of surprising because around here sago palms are everywhere.

I would prefer to take everything out of my house, get rid of it, and start redecorating from the walls, ceilings, and floors, only.  That will never happen and, of course, I’d run across things I just could not possibly part.

You know this year I’ve been embroidering mermaid beach towels for my krewe members’ birthdays.  Earlier this month we all attended a pool party and everyone brought their towels.  It turned out that I brought a plain white towel because I never embroidered one for me.  Oh, those girls scolded me for that.  We are all getting ready for another pool party later this month.  This week I embroidered a beach towel just for me.

Remember metallic thread?  This week I decided to see how Clothilde (the newest embroidery machine) would handle metallic thread.  OMG!  It was a breeze.  Of course, through the years I’ve learned a few tricks with the metallic thread, but the machine really did a super job.  In order to embroider with metallic thread the speed has to be cut, at least, in half.  That means that it takes twice as long to embroider, which means that the cost of embroidery with metallic thread is close to twice that of regular thread.  I just checked our price list and the charge is $2.35 per 1,000 stitches with metallic thread.  Oh my, it is beautiful.   I have visions of beautiful, embroidered, Christmas table runners catching the light on the metallic thread highlights.  Call or email me and let’s talk about designing one for your table.

The young bride who ordered the Godmother handkerchief a few weeks ago contacted me this week thanking me for the beautiful handkerchief and her lagniappe of a hanky for her with her name embroidered on it.  She said that she I going to wrap her bouquet in her hanky for her wedding.  The wedding was scheduled to take place yesterday.  She should be a married woman now and on her honeymoon.

Have a wonderful week.

If you are not a subscriber and would like to receive Cajun Corner weekly, please email cajunstitchery@yahoo.com and let me know to put you on our email list. 

Mama used to tell me that You Are My Sunshine was written by former governor Jimmie Davis, but I never knew all of the words, especially the part about Louisiana, until I recently looked it up.  Apparently, the song really wasn’t written by Jimmie Davis but he did buy the rights to it and claimed he wrote it.

"You Are My Sunshine" is a popular song first recorded in 1939. It has been declared one of the state songs of Louisiana as a result of its association with former state governor and country music singer Jimmie Davis.

You Are My Sunshine
My only sunshine.
You make me happy
When skies are grey.
You'll never know, dear,
How much I love you.
Please don't take my sunshine away

The other nite, dear,
As I lay sleeping
I dreamed I held you in my arms.
When I awoke, dear,
I was mistaken
And I hung my head and cried.

You are my sunshine,
My only sunshine.
You make me happy
When skies are grey.
You'll never know, dear,
How much I love you.
Please don't take my sunshine away.

I'll always love you
And make you happy
If you will only say the same
But if you leave me
To love another
You'll regret it all some day;

You are my sunshine,
My only sunshine.
You make me happy
When skies are grey.
You'll never know, dear,
How much I love you.
Please don't take my sunshine away.

You told me once, dear
You really loved me
And no one else could come between
But now you've left me
And love another
You have shattered all my dreams;

You are my sunshine,
My only sunshine.
You make me happy
When skies are grey.
You'll never know, dear,
How much I love you.
Please don't take my sunshine away.

Louisiana my Louisiana
the place where I was borne.
White fields of cotton
-- green fields clover,
the best fishing
and long tall corn;

You are my sunshine,
My only sunshine.
You make me happy
When skies are grey.
You'll never know, dear,
How much I love you.
Please don't take my sunshine away.

Crawfish gumbo and jambalaya
the biggest shrimp and sugar cane,
the finest oysters
and sweet strawberries
from Toledo Bend to New Orleans;

You are my sunshine,
My only sunshine.
You make me happy
When skies are grey.
You'll never know, dear,
How much I love you.
Please don't take my sunshine

===================================================



C’est tout, mes amis



Peggy Henshall

Cajun Stitchery

(850) 261-2462




P.S.  You are always welcome to stop by and look at all of the catalogs and pass some time with me, cher.

No comments:

Post a Comment