Sunday, October 20, 2013

Cajun Corner - Vol. 5, No. 51


Cajun Corner – Vol. 5, No. 51 – October 20, 2013

 

Bon Jour!  Welcome to Cajun Stitchery’s weekly email and welcome to our family.

 

ΘΘΘΘΘ

Don’t forget to visit us at www.cajunstitchery.com, www.flickr.com/photos/cajunstitchery, and, www.cajunstitchery.etsy.com often.   We are also on Twitter and Facebook. 

Visit our on-line catalogs at:



Does anyone know how we got to “No. 51” when there are 2 months remaining in 2013 and I send this e-newsletter out weekly?  I think I may have misnumbered something along the line.  Oh well, I’ve never been very conventional.

For sometime now George and I have discussed getting new computers and leaving one set at the studio and the other set for use at home.  Is that the height of laziness or what?  There are some valid reasons, though.  One is to make our computers last longer and to help back up.  Also, if one goes out on us, we will have another.  After last week’s computer debacle it became apparent that now is the time to get the new computers and we did.  They are laptops and came with Windows 8.  They were very easy to set up.  Windows 8 is very different than Windows 7.  I think we have figured it out now.

The new laptops only have 2 USB plugs.  Guess we didn’t check to see how many USB plugs there were before purchasing.  I need about 7 of them.  Then we purchased USB hubs.

The new laptops do not have a CD/DVD drive.  So, we purchased that.  Luckily our Office Professional 2003 was able to install.  Now I have to find and figure out how to install QuickBooks 2011.  I bet I have to buy the new QuickBooks before it is all over.  Then the embroidery programs will need to be installed.   We still have more computing to do.

The external hard drive that I purchased and did not work is becoming a thorn in my side.  I can’t seem to get the people at Western Digital to respond to me and the extra warranty that I purchased from Amazon won’t let me file a claim until I send my receipt.  The only receipt that I have is an email and I cannot seem to get their email address to accept it. 

Basically it was another week spent working on computers.

Jury duty has been postponed for another week.

We have been embroidering every day.  George is working on some really cute Halloween towels.  I worked on a peacock; then a huge fleur de lis sham; and, now I’m working on more embroidery on my curtains.

Etsy changed some things, too.  Nothing changed that is really noticeable to shoppers.  It was more background items.  Now we have an “About” page. 

Yesterday I attended a beautiful wedding on the beach.  I don’t recall ever attending a beach wedding.  It was beautiful and fun.  No shoes.  Since the mother of the bride is our krewe member and dance teacher, you have to know that everything involved dancing.  Oh what a fun time that was.  Everyone was still partying when I had to leave.

Have a wonderful week
If you are not a subscriber and would like to receive Cajun Corner weekly, please email cajunstitchery@yahoo.com and let me know to put you on our email list. 

No time to read Cajun Corner?  Visit our blog at www.cajunstitchery.blogspot.com and click the Odiogo button to hear the computer read the blog.

Thank you Rhonda for sending the Halloween jokes:

Why can't witches have babies? Hollow weenies.

What is a vampire’s favorite mode of transportation?
A blood vessel…

 

What is a ghost’s favorite mode of transportation?
A scareplane…

 

What type of dog do vampire’s like the best?
Bloodhounds…

 

What is a ghoul’s favorite flavor?
Lemon-slime…

 

What does a vampire never order at a restaurant?
A stake sandwich…

 

What is a skeleton’s favorite musical instrument?
A trombone…

 

What do birds give out on Halloween night?
Tweets…

 

Why do vampires need mouthwash?
They have bat breath…

 

What’s a vampire’s favorite fast food?
A guy with very high blood pressure…

 

Why did the Vampire subscribe to the Wall Street Journal?
He heard it had great circulation…

 

Why don’t angry witches ride their brooms?
They’re afraid of flying off the handle

 

Who won the skeleton beauty contest?
No body

 

What do skeletons say before they begin dining?
Bone appetit !

 

Where do baby ghosts go during the day?
Dayscare centers

Cajun Stitchery

(850) 261-2462
P.S.  You are always welcome to stop by and look at all of the catalogs and pass some time with me, cher.

No comments:

Post a Comment