Sunday, January 12, 2014

Cajun Corner – Vol. 6, No. 2 – January12, 2014



 
Cajun Corner – Vol. 6, No. 2 – January12, 2014

 

Bon Jour!  Welcome to Cajun Stitchery’s weekly email and welcome to our family.

 

ΘΘΘΘΘ

Don’t forget to visit us at www.cajunstitchery.com, www.flickr.com/photos/cajunstitchery, and, www.cajunstitchery.etsy.com often.   We are also on Twitter and Facebook. 

Visit our on-line catalogs at:



Yesterday was our Krewe’s King Kake Party and it was fabulous.  Laissez les bon temps rouler!  And it starts.

Last week when I could get some free time Boudreaux was busy embroidering Mardi gras masks and everything purple, green and gold.  We have turtle masks done.  Now I’m working on the butterfly masks.  I still need to get the mermaids and fleur de lis masks made.  There are so many more ideas in my head.

I took several pictures of how to put the new mask onto a pair of glasses.  The photos were posted on FaceBook and a few other places on the internet but I’m still trying to figure out how to post in our Etsy Store.  I will figure it out and see if we can get some mask sales.

The new pouch that I made to replace my older denim pouch that I use to carry my cell phone and items has worked out beautifully.  I carry it with me everywhere in place of a bulky purse.  Of course, if I have a lot of stuff to haul, I put the pouch in my big purse.  There are just a few items that I need to have on me at all times and they all fit in the 4.5” x 6.5” pouch.  It is just such a hassle to carry a big purse to a restaurant or bar or wherever because you have to watch it when you are in public and you usually have to put your purse under a table or next to a chair.  The little pouch doesn’t take up much room and can be placed on a table.  A tab is built into the side of the pouch to carry my keys and to hold the pouch.  A friend of mine said she would prefer a shoulder strap and says that would be even more convenient.  I would be interested in everyone’s opinion on whether or not a shoulder strap would be a needed addition to the pouch.  A cord could certainly be attached and when you aren’t using the shoulder strap, it could be tucked into the pouch.  Let me know what you think.

 

HAVE A GREAT WEEK
If you are not a subscriber and would like to receive Cajun Corner weekly, please email cajunstitchery@yahoo.com and let me know to put you on our email list. 

No time to read Cajun Corner?  Visit our blog at www.cajunstitchery.blogspot.com and click the Odiogo button to hear the computer read the blog.

Thank you Bob for the following:

A senior couple decided to go shopping one day, and split their efforts by going separate ways. Near the end of the shopping event they decided to get together for lunch. As the woman was on her way to the rendezvous point, she heard a traffic warning on the radio that a car was driving in the wrong direction up ahead. Knowing that her husband was near the point of the warning, she decided to call him on the cell phone. When he answered, she explained, "I just heard on the news, someone is driving in the wrong direction on the highway!" And the husband replied, "One? There are hundreds of folks going the wrong way where I am!"

Cajun Stitchery

(850) 261-2462
P.S.  You are always welcome to stop by and look at all of the catalogs and pass some time with me, cher.

No comments:

Post a Comment