Friday, July 10, 2015

Peacock Sham Embroidery

CAJUN STITCHERY

Custom Embroidery

July 10, 2015

I just had to embroider this peacock.  The colors are so beautiful.  The peacock is 9" tall.  Well, once again, I've embroidered a beautiful design and what should I do with it?  The answer was another sham, 26" wide by 20" tall, which is the size of an American Standard pillow.




The older shams that I used to make did not include buttons on the back.  Now that I've discovered that the embroidery machine can stitch beautiful buttonholes, well, why not?  I used a couple of the beautiful colors from the peacock.  Not to mention using part of the stash of buttons that I've collected over the years.


The side seams are french seams. They turned out well but I probably wouldn't use french seams on fabric thicker than this.



I think the sham turned out pretty nice.  The old pillow that I put inside was smaller than the 26" by 20", but what the heck.  The sham is gorgeous.


3 comments: