Monday, July 20, 2009

July 20, 2009


The napkins are done -- all 3 sets. The butterflies were done a couple of days ago. Today we did the A for apple and the tea cup. I love embroidering on napkins. They are easy to hoop and come in all of the colors of the rainbow. I simply love to put a design into the machine and watch it stitch out. Napkins are perfect for that.

Watching the designs stitch out on the machine reminds me of watching artists on PBS take a blank canvas and I'm always amazed, every step of the way, as the artist turns the canvas into this and that, all with the stroke of his hand or the flick of his wrist. That's the way it is with the embroidery machine. I know the design that is going to stitch out, but watching the stitches and colors and the design take shape. It's simply mesmerizing to watch.

Remember when I said my friend was like a walking advertisement for Aqua Magic. I'm sold, too. That stuff is amazing. It's a wash away stabilizer strong enough to really hoop well. And washes away easier than Solvy.
Cajun Corner is my weekly e-newsletter. If you would like to be on the email list and are not presently, please email me at peggyhenshall@yahoo.com and ask to be placed on the email list. Each week I try to have a sale of some sort. This week is a 30" x 60", white, beach towel with your name or initials embroidered up to 12" for $20.00, plus tax (if you live in Florida), shipping and handling. The sale is good through this Thursday and I'm placing the towel order on Friday. So, if you want to take advantage of this sale, let me know.

Since I'm new to the embroidery business, I've put myself on a myriad of vendor lists and receive catalogs frequently. The big trend at this time is the eco fabric, like the organic cotton, bamboo and hemp. Today I received a catalog from Blue Generation with some of the coolest colors, fabrics, garments and designs. The problem is that you have to order a minimum of 24 of whatever you get. Always something.




















1 comment: