Thursday, July 30, 2009

July 31, 2009

Cajun Corner – Vol. 1, No. 10 – JuLY 31, 2009

Bon Jour! Welcome to Cajun Stitchery’s weekly email and welcome to our family.

I met the nicest man today. He owns a local screen printing/embroidery shop. We had lunch and he really helped me out a lot with ideas. By the time I left our little luncheon my self-esteem had risen three fold. He will be referring potential customers interested in display tablecloths to me. So, he’s one of my best friends now. Lol

I did get a drop of oil on a napkin today. That reminded me of a tip that I read not too long ago about embroidery. You know how you put sand on your driveway pavement to remove oil spills from changing oil in your car? (I know this because my daddy was a mechanic.) If you get oil drops on your shirt or any cloth, put baby powder on it. It’s the same principal. The baby powder absorbs the oil and leaves a nice smell to the cloth.

Cajun Stitchery will be closed tomorrow. As you all know, we are going to Wausau, FL to the Possum Festival. I plan on perusing all of the arts and crafts. In fact, George and I are going before the rest of our gang, by a couple of hours, to take a slow drive and look at all of the scenery and hopefully get some extra time at the arts and crafts. Our anniversary is August 14th and we’ve decided to make this weekend the celebration. We have been married for 39 years as of August 14, 2009. I’m sure we’ll be dancing in the streets this weekend. Not to mention that one of my granddaughter’s birthday is Sunday and I will certainly bring back something possum for her.

George has become quite proficient at the patches and is turning them out faster than I can count.

Always remember that we are just a call or email away at cajunstitchery@yahoo.com or 850-261-2462 and place your order.

Cajun Stitchery has over 50,000 stock designs and numerous fonts from which to create your work of art.

For Valentines Day Boudreaux wanted to get Clotile, his wife, a real surprise. She had been wanting a milk bath for a long time.

So Boudreaux told his friend Pierre, he say, "Pierre," he say, "I wanna give Clotile a milk bath for Valentine Day." He say, "Why don't you bring you cow over to da house and put me some milk in da battub."

And Pierre say, "Okay, Boudreaux," he say, "Dat milk, you want dat pasteurize?"

Boudreaux thought about it a while, then said, "No, just so it covers her belly, dat's all I want."
ΘΘΘΘΘ
French phrase of the week: Qui sait?
Translation: Who knows?

HOME REMEDIES FOR SUNTAN, SUNBURN AND SUN POISONING
· Applying aloe vera juice or gel as it helps in soothing the skin to reduce pain, redness and itchiness
· You can also apply calamine lotion
· You can apply vinegar or apple cider vinegar on you skin which acts as a great remedy for sunburn
· Keep wet towels around the affected area for 10-15 minutes several times a day to soothe the sunburn
· Wash the affected area with anti-bacterial soap to prevent any other kind of an infection
· A cool milk compress is one of the best remedies for sunburn. Dab your skin with cool whole milk for 20 minutes and the rinse it off with cool water.
· You can apply cod liver oil for sunburns
· Make a mixture of grated cucumber with milk and apply it on the sunburned skin
· Remove juice from grated potatoes to be applied on the sunburned skin.
http://www.home-remedies-for-you.com/articles/200/skin-care-at-home/home-remedies-for-suntan-sunburn-and-sun-poisoning.html

Please let me know if there is something that you would like to see in the weekly email. You may always call me at (850) 261-2462 or email me at cajunstitchery@yahoo.com.

Although Cajun Stitchery began with a Singer Quantum Futura embroidery machine, it wasn’t long before we realized a commercial machine would be necessary. In addition to the Singer, we use a SWF 1201C Commercial Embroidery Machine, which has a top speed of 1200 stitches per minute. Man, dat’s fast, yes!!!

If you are not a subscriber and would like to receive Cajun Corner weekly, please email cajunstitchery@yahoo.com and let me know to put you on our email list.

C’est tout, mes amis

Peggy Henshall
Cajun Stitchery
(850) 261-2462
cajunstitchery@yahoo.com

P.S. You are always welcome to stop by and look at all of the new catalogs and pass some time with me, cher.

No comments:

Post a Comment