Friday, January 22, 2010

Cajun Corner Vol. 2, No. 4

Cajun Corner – Vol. 2, No. 4 – JANUARY 22, 2010


Bon Jour! Welcome to Cajun Stitchery’s weekly email and welcome to our family.

ΘΘΘΘΘ

Don’t forget to visit  www.cajunstitchery.etsy.com often.

Last week I was freezing and this week the temperatures are in the 60’s. Go figure.

The opening Mardi Gras parties are almost over and now we are getting ready to enter the Ball portion of the season. I only have two balls to attend this season: The Krewe of Wrecks Ball and, of course, the Nereids Ball. When I first started associating with these wonderful Nereid women they had the neatest idea about ball gowns. You get a ball gown, spend a fortune on it, wear it once, and it’s over. These ladies solved that issue. Each year they bring their past ball gowns, hang them on a clothing rack in the sewing room and the girls pick and choose which gown they want to wear. It was like a consignment shop without the shop. My problem was that no one was my size. For several years I either bought or made my gowns. The past couple of years my friend, Judy, has been involved with the krewe. Judy is slightly taller than I, but otherwise, we are the same size. What makes that exceptionally wonderful for me is that Judy has exquisite taste in gowns. I am planning a trip to Judy’s home next week to pick and choose my ball gowns for the season. I need to do something very special for Judy.

The Krewe of Drew sweatshirts are still a hit. Geaux Saints! The fingerless gloves are starting to move, as well. I have an order for the gloves with the lady’s initial on them, rather than the Mardi Gras design. That is definitely doable.

The Junkanoo Chili Cook Off was well attended. I know I wrote this on the blog but it’s so funny, I’m writing it again. Last Friday night was the Nereids’ Moon Pie party. We had a blast. One of our krewe was planning on entering the Junkanoo Chili Cook Off the following day and had made a huge pot of chili for the occasion. Well, the girls danced and drank and partied so much at the Moon Pie party that when they all returned to Krewe Den afterwards, they were starving. Yes, you got it. They ate the chili. Therefore, the Nereids did not have an entry for the Chili Cook Off – but we ended up with a great story that seems to be the talk of the island.

I’m still having a problem getting our logo to show on the etsy.com site. I’m still working on that one but I have put another pair of gloves for sale on Etsy.

The garden looks better now that George has trimmed up all of the dead plants. It doesn’t look great. Plants don’t look great during winter, especially after they have been frozen for a week.

The new, surprise, items that I mentioned last week are pillow cases. We purchased a large quantity of hotel quality, white, standard pillow cases. I want to try some techniques of embroidery on pillow cases, especially some of the beautiful heirloom designs that we have. We have already done one set for a friend. I am anxious to get to work on these pillow cases. The ideas are fluttering around in my head.

Always remember that we are just a call or email away at cajunstitchery@yahoo.com or 850-261-2462 and place your order.

ΘΘΘΘΘ

Boudreaux and Thibodaux died and went to Heaven. When they got to the Gate, they met ol' Saint Pete. They said, "Saint Pete, beb, how you been?" and Saint Pete said, "Mais ok, sha, but ah got bad news for you Boudreaux. You been so bad on Earth, you got to spend all Eternity with a ugly woman." Boudreaux was pretty sad but he said, "Well, if ah hafto, ah hafto." So the next day him and his ugly woman was walking down the golden street when they saw Thibodaux and he was with Cindy Crawford! So Boudreaux went talk to Saint Pete. He said, "Saint Pete, sha, come see. Ah think we got a mistake here. How come Thibodaux gets Cindy Crawford and Ah got stuck with a ugly woman!" Saint Pete said, :"Aw, Boudreaux, you dont understand! Cindy Crawford got stuck with Thibodaux!"

ΘΘΘΘΘ

French phrase of the week: vache (f.) cow

ΘΘΘΘΘ

Taken from: http://www.greendaily.com/2009/02/20/a-greener-mardi-gras/

A GREENER MARDI GRAS

Things you can do include baking your own King Cake, indulging in some locally brewed beer, or making some Louisiana classics like red beans and rice and hurricanes. Or start some new Mardi Gras traditions at your home. Have the kids make a bundle of paper beads and string them and give away beads for good deeds done that day. Whoever has the most gets first try at the King cake.

Please let me know if there is something that you would like to see in the weekly email. You may always call me at (850) 261-2462 or email me at cajunstitchery@yahoo.com.

If you are not a subscriber and would like to receive Cajun Corner weekly, please email cajunstitchery@yahoo.com and let me know to put you on our email list.

C’est tout, mes amis

Peggy Henshall

Cajun Stitchery

(850) 261-2462

cajunstitchery@yahoo.com

P.S. You are always welcome to stop by and look at all of the new catalogs and pass some time with me, cher.

No comments:

Post a Comment