Monday, April 5, 2010

Easter Weekend

It's Monday.  Hope everyone had a nice Easter weekend.  Saturday our son in Tampa called us and was chit chatting when I looked at the front door and there he was.  What a little stinker he is!  That was a pleasant and special surprise.  He and his family drove from Tampa to Pensacola on Saturday morning; then back to Tampa on Sunday morning.  Ahhh!  To be young, again.  I could no more do that anymore than the man in the moon.  It sure made our Easter special.

The last contest winner wanted frogs on her napkins.  She picked 4 frog designs and finally decided on one.  She selected purple napkins.  I think they turned out lovely.

I made the little dog harness and took it to my neighbor.  It fit his smallest dog -- 4.5 lbs.  They tell me that she wore the harness all day on Sunday and it worked great.  Now I'm just waiting for them to wash and dry it.  If that turns out well, I'm making them and selling them on Etsy.  They are so cute.

Our neighbor returned from her two week vacation and had Easter dinner with us.  We harvested lettuce, carrots, broccoli, and asparagus and combined with ham and boiled eggs we had a really nice chef's salad.  You don't get any healthier than that.  Afterwards, we just enjoyed the beautiful weather, sitting in her back yard with more neighbors, wine and conversation.  Peace on Earth.

A customer asked a very interesting question:  Do you embroider welcome mats?  I have never thought about it.  I did some research on the internet and there are some really nice welcome mats, car mats, boat mats, and so forth, that are embroidered.  Boudreaux is supposed to be able to embroider these mats; although, I may have to purchase a special hoop.  Anyway, we are looking into it.  I need to find a good wholesaler who deals in blank welcome mats.

Back to the embroidery machine.
C'est toute, mes amis.

No comments:

Post a Comment