Monday, August 9, 2010

Girls, Girls, Girls, I Love Being A Girl

I just spent a wonderful weekend with the girls.  There were 15-20 of us at one of the girls' homes.  We swam in her beautiful, salt water pool; we ate delicious food prepared by our hostess and other girls; we drank until we were absolutely silly; we talked and talked and talked; and we sang songs.  This weekend was marvelous and if she reads this blog, my heartfelt thanks to our hostess for making this such a wonderful weekend.

Our Krewe, the Mystic Krewe of Nereids, is hosting a SPLASH party at Paradise Bar & Grill on Saturday, August 21st, beginning at 3 p.m. on Pensacola Beach.  The theme of the SPLASH party is Love It Local.  Our intention is to support the local business establishments who are suffering from a lack of tourists due to the oil spill.  A portion of the proceeds will also go to the Breast Cancer Foundation.  We hope to get prizes and gift certificates from the various local businesses to bring customers into their establishments.  We are suggesting things like one free meal when you order two.  Of course, our caps and visors will be on sale at this event.  There will also be fun and games for children and adults.  We will have a dunking booth with some infamous islanders.  There will be a children's duck pond.  And we hope to have a raffle every 15 minutes, giving away prizes from our local establishments.  I heard there may even be a tug of war between some of those establishments.  And don't forget your squirt gun or water blaster!

When I returned home from my wonderful weekend, I found George teaching himself to digitize.  I'm so proud of him.  He is my cap man extroidinaire.  He finished all of the caps and visor orders and was working on his own designs.  He loves caps.

Well, I'm invigorated and hope to get lots of creative items embroidered this week. 

C'est tout, mes amis.


No comments:

Post a Comment