Friday, March 25, 2011

Cajun Corner - Vol. 3, No. 12


Cajun Corner – Vol. 3, No. 12 – March 25, 2011


Bon Jour! Welcome to Cajun Stitchery’s weekly email and welcome to our family.

ΘΘΘΘΘ

Don’t forget to visit our catalog at www.companycasuals.com/cajunstitchery and www.cajunstitchery.etsy.com often.

This has been a busy week. One of my Facebook friends messaged me and said that if I would give her a couple of embroidered napkins, she would put them in napkin rings that she makes. She makes jewelry and happened to get a significant amount of wire that she was thinking of using for napkin rings. Anyway, she works at Hampton Inn on Pensacola Beach in the little cabana on the beach, handing out beach towels. In turn, Hampton Inn lets her sell her jewelry from the cabana. She would sell her napkin rings and have my business card next to my napkins. I think it’s a wonderful idea. Now I just have to create the most gorgeous napkins imaginable.

My cousin Kim made it back to California safe and sound. There seems to be an issue about my mother’s maiden name, Theaux. Mama and I always pronounced it thay-o. Kim seems to think it should be pronounced toe, which would explain our Uncle Toe’s name. But my cousin Dustin says that there is an olympian named Adrian Théaux who pronounces it thay-o. I believe the accent over the e makes the sound of the e as an a. Without the accent, it would be eaux sounding like o. To make things even more complicated, apparently different people in our own family pronounce it differently. I will continue to pronounce it the way Mama and I have always pronounced it. If thay want to pronounce it different, oh that’s up to them. haha

Several of my girlfriends went to Atlanta this week to see the Rod Stewart and Stevie Nicks concert. Therefore, we didn’t get together Wednesday night. Somehow I kept busy, nevertheless.

We finished the Studio 98 visors/caps. Sharona loves them. That makes me feel so good. When she came by to pick up the order, we were able to spend some time chatting and catching up. It was a wonderful afternoon with Sharon.

Remember my friend and customer who owns Incorporate Wellness? Where I went to the open house with the yoga? As it turns out, I won a door prize of an absolutely gorgeous and large fern. It is sitting in my living room now. I also won a session with a life coach. Today, when I picked up my winnings, JoAnne and her husband were there. They are wonderful people. We were still talking about the brain auras and the yoga exercises and giggling a bit when she relayed an incident that occurred at her home. The other night she was working on her computer and her son, over 6 feet tall, happened to be walking behind her and fell. She heard the thud, as did her husband. When they asked what happened he said that he ran into dad’s brain aura and it knocked him down. I’m still laughing as I type this.

A new customer contacted me this week wanting something unique for babies. So, I’ve been making more baby stuff to put in the Etsy store for all of those baby showers out there. It must be something in the water but we are having a bumper crop of babies this year. Right now I’m making some adorable baby caps. I haven’t put any in the Etsy store yet but they will get there soon.

By the way, if you haven’t seen the new handkerchiefs with the runny nose, you are missing a good laugh. The pictures are on the blog and the hankies are in the Etsy store.

I finally figured out the adhesive paper for the rhinestones. Now I can make some iron on motifs. Also, I bought myself a super dooper electric rhinestone attacher thing. It is really cool. I tried it out today and it works great. Even I can do it. It still takes awhile to do the rhinestones but the electric thing helps speed the process along.

The gardens are looking good and all those little seeds are germinating. If everything grows we will have flowers all over the place and more food than any two people can possibly eat – that’s what friends are for, right? Gardening is really very exciting.

Last week’s contest winner was another neighbor. I drive a red Geo Metro. Two of our contests this week went by without anyone entering. The contests are on the blog and if you don’t read the blog, then you are going to miss the free prizes. There is less than a week left in March. Whoever is the first to respond by emailing me at peggyhenshall@yahoo.com with the name of this year’s Wooley Booger Queen will win $20.00 worth of embroidery from Cajun Stitchery. Remember, each person is only eligible to win one contest this month.

If you are not a subscriber and would like to receive Cajun Corner weekly, please email cajunstitchery@yahoo.com and let me know to put you on our email list.

Thanks to Marshall Larrivere for the following:

Boudreaux had been drinking at his local bar all day and most of the night celebrating LSU's win over Ohio . Thibodeaux, the bartender says,

"You'll not be drinking anymore tonight, Boudreaux".

Boudreaux replies "OK Thib, I'll be on my way then."

Boudreaux spins around on his stool and steps off. He falls flat on his face.

He pulls himself up by the stool and dusts himself off. He takes a step towards the door and falls flat on his face. He looks to the doorway and thinks to himself that if he can just get to the door and some fresh air he'll be fine. He belly crawls to the door and shimmies up the door frame. He sticks his head outside and takes a deep breath of fresh air, feels much better and takes a step out onto the sidewalk. He falls flat on his face.

"I'm really stewed," he says. He can see his house just a few doors down, and crawls to the door and shimmies up the door frame, opens the door and shimmies inside.

He takes a look up the stairs and says "No freakin' way". He crawls up the stairs to his bedroom door and says "I can make it to the bed." He takes a step into the room and falls flat face. He falls into bed.

The next morning, his wife, Clothilde, comes into the room carrying a cup of coffee and says, "Get up Bou. Did you have a lil too much to drink last night?". Boudreaux says, "I did Clothilde. I was freakin' drunk. But how'd you know?"

"Thibodeaux called....You left your wheelchair at the bar again."

==================================================

French Phrase of the Week: Ne pas manquer un autre concours. (Do not miss another contest.

===============================================

C’est tout, mes amis

Peggy Henshall

Cajun Stitchery

(850) 261-2462

cajunstitchery@yahoo.com

P.S. You are always welcome to stop by and look at all of the catalogs and pass some time with me, cher.

No comments:

Post a Comment