Saturday, June 18, 2011

Cajun Corner - Vol. 3, No. 24

Cajun Corner – Vol. 3, No. 24 – JUNE 17, 2011

Bon Jour! Welcome to Cajun Stitchery’s weekly email and welcome to our family.

ΘΘΘΘΘ

Don’t forget to visit our catalog at www.companycasuals.com/cajunstitchery and www.cajunstitchery.etsy.com often. We are also on Twitter and Facebook.

The Fiesta Ball is now a thing of the past and we must move onto the next event. Before we leave the Fiesta topic, let me suggest that everyone go to www.PensacolaBeachMardiGras.com and look at the photographs of the evening. I love our group picture. I am the short woman, of course.

The next event would be Father’s Day, which is this Sunday, June 19th. What does everyone do for Father’s Day? Both of my dad’s have passed away. I did put some items, recommended by George, in the Etsy shop specifically for men. Just wondering what everyone else does? We used to buy little gifts for Johnny but there really wasn’t much more.

Last Saturday I reluctantly went to my friend and hair dresser’s open house for her hair salon. She’s asked me before to bring my wares to her open house and I have declined. This time I decided to attend. I sure am glad that I did. She’s had her salon for, I guess, about a year and has done a remarkable job. The salon, All About Me, is lovely. There were other “artists” there, as well. One lady was selling her oil paintings, another sold jewelry, and another was a photographer. Out came the market baskets, purses and other items which filled the top of a counter. Then I sat. If for no other reason, it was worth it to meet these ladies. Several women began talking about makeup and before I knew it, they were applying makeup to each other. I learned some great tips on disguising wrsinkles and double chins.

A couple of the girls from the krewe showed up which put me at ease. At least I knew someone. I met the other hair dressers there and they even had live music performed by a local musician, Paul Killough. When the door prizes were announced, I won a hair color treatment. Both of my krewe friends each won a prize, as well. In fact, all three of us made appointments for yesterday. Two of us showed but one had to cancel for health reasons.

Would I do this, again? Absolutely, I would. I do need to learn how to set up and present my items better but that comes with practice, I’m sure. I did have a few sales and simply enjoyed the evening tremendously.

Wednesday night is always our girls’ night out. This Wednesday we began gathering at The Break for COLORS (Celebration Of Life Of the Republic of Sandspur). Everyone is invited to COLORS on the 15th of each month at a location that changes each time but is always on the beach. Once a month all of the old timers, characters and others gather to exchange beach stories and find out all of the local news and gossip. Even our Shelley, from the Island Times, is there.

After COLORS we went to Paradise Bar & Grill for dinner and drinks. We had a lovely time. Not only were many of our krewe members in attendance, but also many of the people from COLORS joined us. It was definitely a fun evening with good friends, good food (Rene is the best), good drink, and great entertainment.

After Paradise, several of the girls went home and several more went to Paulette’s to continue our Wednesday night festivities. We laughed until my face hurt but that is so typical of our Wednesday night girls’ night.

With my new do and my hair dresser with me, I attended the Gulf Breeze WBL (Women’s Business Luncheon) meeting today. The Gulf Breeze WBL meeting has been around since the month that Cajun Stitchery opened its doors in March, 2009. Recently attendance had dwindled. It was so good to see that attendance was up today. These wonderful women have become my friends and they really are a wonderful group. So, I was happy that Cathy, my hair dresser and friend, joined me today.

As I write this, my white flashing boa is still slung over the banister. The red, white and blue tinsel wig, flashing tiara, and red, white and blue flashing light sticks are decorating the center of my kitchen table. Guess I’ll leave it all as is for the 4th of July.

Today my baby, Hank, turned 43 years old. We called to wish him a happy birthday but got his voice mail. So, George and I sang the Happy Birthday song to him over voice mail. lol

I’m sold out of the little hot pink, mini market totes. Of course, I can get more. One of the regular size market baskets was sold at the open house. These baskets are just adorable and very functional. I have one for myself with the Cajun Stitchery logo embroidered. Since I carry so much stuff around with me, I even put my purse in the basket. These market baskets are canvas and really nice. Perhaps it’s because no one else seems to be using market baskets for advertising purposes, but people really do stop to look at them. They have stopped me.

Right now, in stock, we have black, red, purple, navy blue, hot pink, and black with white polka dots. These are all regular size market baskets and the price, without embroidery, ranges from $22 (for solid colors) to $28 (polka dot), each. A name or initials would be $5. Of course, the more embroidery you want on the basket, the more the cost.

From the same shipment, we also have a black laptop case($24), a black with white polka dot carryall($14), some blue and white striped canvas purses ($8 each), hot pink purses($8 each), hot pink mini purses($6 each), and a brown purse($8 each). I’ll embroider a monogram (name or initials) for $5.00.

The market baskets have a bunch of uses.

• One customer said they are perfect for a beach tote.

• They make great personalized gifts or gift baskets.

• With your logo embroidered, they are a wonderful advertising tool. If you are like me and always seem to carry a bag with my wares, picking up or delivering items, your logo embroidered on the basket is ideal and unique. It’s an eye catcher.

• Recent embroidery on a market tote was done by embroidering the outline of the word “Mine” and then filling the word with rhinestones. It turned out beautifully. The same technique can be used for any word.

• They also make great picnic baskets. Include a set of matching cloth napkins, a tablecloth, some personalized can wraps, and an assortment of picnic items and you have a great gift. These totes have two mesh pockets on either end on the inside of the basket, as well as plastic feet and a luggage grip. A red market basket with blue or white embroidery, filled with red, white and blue napkins, tablecloth, can wraps, and other picnic items for your 4th of July picnic would be very patriotic.

• Another really great idea is a wedding gift with the names of the bride and groom and the date of the wedding embroidered on the basket. Fill it with household items, linens, or picnic items.

• And don’t forget that this makes a great diaper bag for mom. Embroider the baby’s name on the side. Fill it with diapers, blankets, bottles, and an assortment of baby items. Pink for girls; blue for boys. In fact, today someone came to me at the WBL meeting saying that she thought I brought a baby.

• Fill it with your cleaning items and take it from room to room as you clean the house.

• Same with gardening items. Don’t forget to include a pretty little apron.

• The possibilities are endless.

We now have the red, white and blue stripe, and the blue, white and red stripe webbing, 1.25” wide. There are more rhinestone flag buckles. If you are interested in a pretty terrific Father’s Day gift or for the 4th of July, George will make the patriotic belt for $10 each. Just let us know the waist size. About 6 inches are added to the waist size for proper adjustment of the belt. Better hurry if you want it for Father’s Day because Father’s Day is on June 19th.

SALE: Good through next Thursday, June 23rd. Adjustable can wrap with your name or initials embroidered in outline with rhinestones for $7 each. The rhinestones are applied by hand and usually sell for at least $10 (depending on how many rhinestones are applied). Never lose your drink again.

CONTEST: First person to answer correctly is the winner. What was my first job in Pensacola – what company? The winner will receive a set of 4 cloth napkins, restaurant quality, and 20” x 20” with your initials/monogram. (Color choice depends on what is in stock.)

If you are not a subscriber and would like to receive Cajun Corner weekly, please email cajunstitchery@yahoo.com and let me know to put you on our email list.

Thank you Marshall Larrivere for sending the following joke:

The year is 2016 and the United States has just elected the first woman, a Louisiana State University graduate, as President of the United States, Susan Boudreaux.

On inauguration day in the front row sits the new president's Dad and Mom. Dad noticing the senator sitting next to him leans over and whispers, 'You see that woman over there with her hand on the Bible, becoming President of the United States.’

The Senator whispers back, 'Yes I do.'

Dad says proudly, 'Her brother played football at LSU.'

==================================================

French Phrase of the Week: The following was taken from LSU.edu:

Tu peux le répéter? (Can you repeat it?)

===============================================

C’est tout, mes amis

Peggy Henshall

Cajun Stitchery

(850) 261-2462

cajunstitchery@yahoo.com

P.S. You are always welcome to stop by and look at all of the catalogs and pass some time with me, cher.

No comments:

Post a Comment