Friday, July 1, 2011

Cajun Corner Vol. 3, No.26

 Cajun Corner – Vol. 3, No. 26 – July 1, 2011


Bon Jour! Welcome to Cajun Stitchery’s weekly email and welcome to our family.

ΘΘΘΘΘ

Don’t forget to visit our catalog at www.companycasuals.com/cajunstitchery and www.cajunstitchery.etsy.com often. We are also on Twitter and Facebook.

It’s here. It is the 4th of July weekend. I sure hope everyone has wonderful plans for the weekend. Have fun but please be safe. Pensacola Beach has so much going on this weekend that I cannot list everything. I suggest that you look up the Island Times on the internet for the list of events, dates and times.

As for George and me, we are staying in the neighborhood. Our Pennsylvania neighbor will be visiting for the 4th of July and we plan on getting together. Everyone brings something to these occasions and I’m bringing bread. In fact, until this is read, the others don’t know that I plan on making the bread myself. Mama would respond, “Well, la di da.” She would also ask me why I would want to do that when there is plenty of bread at the store. The answer is that I have an automatic bread maker that I rarely use and decided to do this. We shall see how this turns out.

Last Sunday we attended the award ceremony for Paradise Bar & Grill. That place was packed. It was also very hot. We had a lovely time and ate our usual cheeseburger at Paradise for dinner.

Another dog collar was made this week. This was for Amber Lee. She is going on vacation with her owners, Shelley and Richard, and like any girl, needed some new vacation attire.

One of my friends was telling me this week that her 3 dogs got loose last week. Someone called her to say her dogs were down the street. Obviously, she was talking to me about getting collars for her dogs.

You never know when that precious pet of yours will get out or be stranded. When George and I lived in Orlando, we had a beautiful, American, golden cocker spaniel that was actually stolen from our back yard. We looked everywhere for her and were finally told that a group of people had been in the neighborhood stealing dogs for scientific experiments. I don’t know how true that is but I do know that I cried many nights over that dog. We never found her.

Last week’s sale on napkins spurred several people to buy them. We were busy embroidering napkins this week. At one point I had orders for more natural colored napkins than I had. I thought I would be smart and get a rush order of napkins in so I could fill all of the orders. That did not work out. I had to tell one potential customer that we simply are out of natural colored napkins.

In fact, you aren’t going to see any more sales for $2 napkins at Cajun Stitchery unless I run across a great sale, myself. All year my wholesalers have been sending emails, brochures, etc., saying that the price of cotton has gone way up and those prices will be reflected in the merchandise that I purchase. When I contacted my napkin supplier, I found that the cost of the napkins has doubled. Not only that, but now I’m required to purchase a minimum of 5 dozen of the same color napkin. The new sale price for any new napkins is going to be $4.

SALE: Right now I still have some of the $2 cloth napkins. These are the 20 inch square, restaurant quality napkins with hemmed edges. The colors that we have in stock are:

1. Purple

2. Lavender

3. Blue

4. Royal Blue

5. White

6. Burgundy

7. Teal

8. Brown

9. Sea Foam Green

I’m selling these (in-stock) napkins at $2 each; first come, first served. They make great Christmas presents. I highly suggest you buy them now.

We do have 5 dozen ivory napkins, 20” x 20”, with hemmed edges, restaurant quality, for $4 each.

We still have some market baskets in stock. I sold the black one this week. It is going to be really cute with a gold monogram and 2 gold fleur de lis. We still have: purple, red, hot pink, blue, and the black with white polka dots. These are the regular sized market baskets that are 18"L x 11.5"W x 9"H with Collapsible/Removable Frame. The price, without embroidery, ranges from $22 (for solid colors) to $28 (polka dot), each. A name or initials would be $5. Of course, the more embroidery you want on the basket, the more the cost.

Last week my neighbor, Charlotte, won the contest. We had several entries. Many of the entries were correct but Charlotte was the first with the answer. Stinky is our oldest pet. She is 16 this year. Remember, you can only win once every 2 months to give everyone a chance.

CONTEST: First person to answer correctly is the winner. What was my mother’s pet name for me?

The winner will receive their monogram on:

Hot Pink Canvas Purse

10.5"L x 6"W x 11.5"H

Snap Closure

Zipper Compartment with Two Open Pockets Inside

If you are not a subscriber and would like to receive Cajun Corner weekly, please email cajunstitchery@yahoo.com and let me know to put you on our email list.

Thank you Paulette Doucet Provost for sending the following joke:

Three friends from Church Point, Louisiana were asked, "When you in

your casket, and your friends and church members are mourning over you,

what would you like dem to say?"

Thibodeaux said: "I would like dem to say, I was a wonderful husband,

a fine spiritual leader, and a great family man."

Fontenot commented: "I would like dem to say, I was a wonderful

teacher, and servant of da church, who made a huge difference in

people's lives."

Boudreaux said: "I'd like dem to say, 'Look, he's movin!'"

==================================================

French Phrase of the Week: Il fait humide. (It is humid.)

===============================================

C’est tout, mes amis

Peggy Henshall

Cajun Stitchery

(850) 261-2462

cajunstitchery@yahoo.com

P.S. You are always welcome to stop by and look at all of the catalogs and pass some time with me, cher.

No comments:

Post a Comment