Friday, July 15, 2011

Cajun Corner - Vol. 3, No. 28

Cajun Corner – Vol. 3, No. 28 – July 15, 2011

 Bon Jour!  Welcome to Cajun Stitchery’s weekly email and welcome to our family.
ΘΘΘΘΘ

Don’t forget to visit our catalog at www.companycasuals.com/cajunstitchery and www.cajunstitchery.etsy.com often.   We are also on Twitter and Facebook.

There is a saying on the beach that you never know how many friends and relatives you have until you get a beach house.  That is so true for many of my friends on the beach.  Their homes have been packed all summer.  Of course, that means that they are entertaining and I don’t get to see them as often as during the fall and winter months.  I sure miss my girls.  Thank God for Wednesday nights.  Those of us who are not encumbered with visitors gather on Wednesday night and enjoy a good meal and stimulating conversation.  This past Wednesday there were only a handful of the normal group but it was really nice. 

I also look forward to meeting with my friends at WBL meetings.  Although it is a meeting and much more regimented than Wednesday night, I enjoy those women.  Just like Wednesday nights, when a lot of people come to the meeting, it’s fun and informative; but, it’s also so nice when there is a smaller, more intimate group. 

I received the most adorable email yesterday:

“Dear Aunt Peggy -

I was real pretty in my embroidered collar - much fancier than the other dogs at our hotel in Cedar Key. Next time my mom will put my collar on right side up!

Love,

Amber Lee Johnson

Chesapeake Bay Retriever and Super Model”

That email was accompanied by photographs of Amber Lee.

The new computer is working fine.  As each day goes by, I remember something, a website, a program, or whatever is on my favorites list of the old computer.  Nevertheless, none of those things have really hampered day-to-day business.  This is a nice machine.

As I mentioned last week, the most difficult thing about the new computer was loading my Quicken program.  By the end of that ordeal, I was flustered and frustrated.  So, Quicken a/k/a Intuit sent me an email asking me to let them know what I thought of their service.  Really?  They made straight F’s and my comment was that if I didn’t need the thing for my CPA, I wouldn’t have it at all.  You can imagine my surprise when, later, I received another email, same email, asking me what I thought of their service.  Rather than berating them once again, I just deleted the email.  You would think that would be the end of it.  If that is what you think, then you have not dealt with this company.  Later, I received another email with the subject line:  “Quick Books Pro POS.”  At this I even called George over to look at it.  Did a light bulb go off in their head and they realized how unhappy I am with them?  Could it be they don’t like their service, either?  Well, I had to open this email.  Much to my surprise, the Intuit Company says POS means “Point Of Service.”  In my book POS still means something totally different.

The most frequently asked question this week was:  “Do you REALLY belong to 58 groups on Facebook?  Yes, I do, but I don’t even know what they are.  I am only active in 2 groups.

I told you about our new customer, Mike Cotton, last week.  We had a meeting this week and at this point we have his logo digitized and stitched out a few time for testing.  This weekend I will be playing around with the embroidered logo on several items that he brought for us.  He is trying to put together a merchandising line of products for his TV show, Senior Xtremers, and I am the embroiderer.

Revamping old t-shirt crew collars was fun last week.  I did a few and have a few more to do.  It is absolutely amazing the change in the look of the shirt.

This week I ordered a dozen white beach towels.  I need them to fill an order for a friend who loved the towels I embroidered with the mermaid in Mylar.  She wants one for her daughter and one for her son-in-law.  For her son-in-law, of course, she wants a merman.  For this type of digitizing, I don’t send to a digitizer because I doubt seriously that the customer would want to pay the $30 digitizing fee.  The problem is that for me to do the digitizing takes a long time.  She ordered the towels a month ago.  So, I’m waiting on the towels to arrive so I can begin the embroidery.

We still have some of the $2 cloth napkins, $4 cloth napkins, market baskets, and fingertip towels.   

A few people sent in guesses last week for the contest but no one sent the correct answer.  The fashion designer who made jersey fashionable was Coco Chanel.  Before Chanel jersey was only used for underwear.  Coco Chanel created fashionable and comfortable clothing with jersey.  Had it not been for Coco Chanel, we would not have T-shirts, polo shirts, or the little black dress. 

CHRISTMAS is around the corner.  Unbelievable, I know.  But it is July.  Get that Christmas shopping done now and enjoy the holidays.

If you are not a subscriber and would like to receive Cajun Corner weekly, please email cajunstitchery@yahoo.com and let me know to put you on our email list. 




 Cajun folklore is filled with stories and legends, and many of them involve crawfish.

One of the more inventive ones is this:

In the 1750s, when the Acadians first migrated from Nova Scotia to Louisiana,

hundreds of North-Atlantic lobsters, sympathetic to the exiles, decided to follow

them southward along the Atlantic Coast and through the Gulf of Mexico to

the bayous. Along the way, as they swam, the lobsters somehow acquired progressively

smaller shells. By the time they reached Louisiana, they had become

what we now know as crawfish.

================================================== 

Cajun French Phrase of the Week: Grand Beede'-----------Big clumsy man

(Taken from http://louisianacajunslang.com/language.html)

===============================================

C’est tout, mes amis

 Peggy Henshall

Cajun Stitchery

(850) 261-2462



P.S.  You are always welcome to stop by and look at all of the catalogs and pass some time with me, cher.

No comments:

Post a Comment