Friday, September 30, 2011

Cajun Corner - Vol. 3, No. 39


Cajun Corner – Vol. 3, No. 39 – September 30, 2011

 Bon Jour!  Welcome to Cajun Stitchery’s weekly email and welcome to our family.

ΘΘΘΘΘ

Don’t forget to visit our blog at www.cajunstitchery.blogspot.com, and www.cajunstitchery.etsy.com often.   We are also on Twitter and Facebook. 

Visit our on-line catalogs at:


and www.companycasuals.com/cajunstitchery.

This week was mostly spent getting ready for the festival this weekend, Pensacola Beach 4th Annual Arts & Wine Festival.  We will be booth #8 at Artists’ Village in the parking lot of the Visitors Center on Pensacola Beach.  The festival is 11 a.m. to 5 p.m. on Saturday and Sunday.  It is free and worth the drive out.  Stop by and say “hi”.

I made so many can wraps this week that one evening I was tired, had a glass of wine and wrote a Can Wrap Rap.  This has been the source of a lot of laughter.  Who knew I could write rap? 

Woke up this morning - to sew and embroider

It keeps me off the streets - so I don't loiter



I wanted to make - something functional

So I - could - have lunch and munch you know



I made a can wrap

Yes I did, it's so cool



I made a can wrap

It's adjustable



Buy my can wrap

Only 7 bucks each



Have a can wrap

And take it to the beach.

Someone mentioned that I should dress like a rapper and have my pants hanging low and my underwear showing.  My response was that the visual image of old lady’s panties showing out the top of the pants is more than I can bear.  However, we were really tempted to dress me up like a rapper with my ball cap on sideways and the whole rap  costume, take a picture and post it on my teenage granddaughter’s Facebook page.  I called my son in Tampa and sang my rap song.  He thinks I’ve lost my mind.  As for the old lady’s panties hanging out the top of the pants, he said, “Mom.  Don’t go there.” 

One of my friends sent a humorous email about how to be a blues singer.  One of the items was how to choose a stage name for a blues singer.  Using that criteria and understanding that this is rap and not the blues, we did coin my rap name – Too Short Cajun Mama.  George is calling me “Too Short.”

We had friends sending in additional lyrics to the rap, as well. 

My neighbors have been writing rap lyrics for everything this week.  Some of you will remember that we named our neighborhood group the Possum Pack.  We took note this week that Heidi the cross-eyed possum passed away in a German zoo.  Yes, this was in the news.  One of our neighbors wrote his rap, Ode to Heidi.

As much fun as we have had with rap lyrics this week, it just goes to show what a great marketing tool jingles are.  Think about the great commercial jingles.  Who remembers:  I’m a pepper, you’re a pepper, he’s a pepper, she’s a pepper, wouldn’t you like to be a pepper, too.  Yep, after all of these years, I still know the Dr. Pepper song.  Or, I’d like to teach the world to sing in perfect harmony – Coca Cola.  Visually, people remember pictures; and, audibly, people remember music and rhyme.  I need to write a Cajun Stitchery jingle.  I’m open to ideas. 

Cajun Stitchery has made some beautiful and fun things this week.  We’ve worked until 11 p.m. almost every night and there is still so much left to do.

We received several Cajun jokes via email from various friends.  These jokes will be used over the next several weeks.  However, the joke for this week is George’s favorite and had us both laughing until we cried.  Keep those jokes coming.

CHRISTMAS is around the corner.  Get that Christmas shopping done now and enjoy the holidays.

If you are not a subscriber and would like to receive Cajun Corner weekly, please email cajunstitchery@yahoo.com and let me know to put you on our email list. 
===============================================================

Thank you Marshall Larrivere for the following:

Walking into the bar, Boudreaux said to Charlie

the bartender, “Pour me a stiff one - just had another fight with the

little wife.”

“Oh yeah?” said Charlie, “And how did this one end?”

“When it was over,” Boudreaux replied, “She came

to me on her hands and knees.”

“Really,” said Charles, “Now that's a switch!?

What did she say?”

She said, “Come out from under the bed, you little

coward.”

=================================================================

C’est tout, mes amis



Peggy Henshall

Cajun Stitchery

(850) 261-2462




P.S.  You are always welcome to stop by and look at all of the catalogs and pass some time with me, cher.

No comments:

Post a Comment