Saturday, December 31, 2011

Cajun Corner - Vol. 3, No. 52



Cajun Corner – Vol. 3, No. 52 – December 31, 2011



Bon Jour!  Welcome to Cajun Stitchery’s weekly email and welcome to our family.



ΘΘΘΘΘ

Don’t forget to visit our blog at www.cajunstitchery.blogspot.com, and www.cajunstitchery.etsy.com often.   We are also on Twitter and Facebook. 

Visit our on-line catalogs at:



Today is New Year’s Eve.  I sure hope everyone can look back on this year and have many happy memories.  May 2012 bring each of you good health, joy and prosperity.

Our family tradition is to take down our Christmas decorations on January 2nd, George’s birthday.  Out with the red and green; in with the purple, green and gold.  I actually have some friends who take the Christmas decorations off of the tree and replace them with Mardi Gras décor for a Mardi Gras tree.

I must say that 2011 was certainly a Facebook year for me.  I have made so many good friends via Facebook this year and met all kinds of people from everywhere.

The garden is still giving.  It is unbelievable but wonderful.  We have to harvest more peppers and tomatoes today.  It’s time to plant celery, which I’ve never grown before and hope it does well.  Sometime this coming week the spent plants will be removed and new seeds planted.  We have some broccoli seedlings that need to go into the garden soon.

This has been a busy week.  Everything in our Etsy store is now on sale.  As I was putting the items for sale, I was upgrading a lot of things, especially the scarves and adding lots of rhinestones.  I still don’t have everything that I’ve made on there but I really want to get rid of some of the items that have been around for a while so that I can make some new items.  The sales are good until I take the sale off, which will be in the next couple of days.  You should visit the store and browse a bit.  I really slashed prices on the majority of the items.

The market baskets have been a huge hit this season.  So, for the Mardi Gras season I’m doing some market baskets with the Mystic Krewe of Nereids in gold/topaz rhinestones and a couple of cute mermaids in mylar.  I think all krewes should have these, especially since we carry so much stuff around.  But Krewes aren’t the only people who should have market baskets.  Many of my business friends should have them, too.  Not only is it a fabulously unique way to advertise by having your company name embroidered on the basket, but these baskets are perfect when you are carrying your wares around, like Avon, Mary Kay, soaps, oils, embroidery, etc.

You know each year I give my krewe members the same but special gifts for their birthdays.  One year I gave them personalized mermaid pillowcases; last year it was personalized mermaid bath towels.  This year I have something else special but I’m stumped on what design to use.  I’ve thought about several things but nothing has really grabbed me.  January starts a whole new year and new birthdays, so I better come up with something quick.

We were able to get the red aprons at a super discount price during the Christmas season and have sold out.  The sale is now closed and instead of $5 per apron, they are now $10.12 each.

We still have many items in stock that are on sale and have not been listed in our Etsy store.  We have tee shirts, polos, jackets, napkins, caps, and other things.  Call or email me if you are interested in looking at these items.

Happy New Year!!!

If you are not a subscriber and would like to receive Cajun Corner weekly, please email cajunstitchery@yahoo.com and let me know to put you on our email list. 
===============================================================

Thank you Paulette Provost for the following:

Boudreaux and Thibodeaux were a couple of drinking buddies who worked as aircraft mechanics at de Estherwood International Airport . Mais one day de airport was fogged in and dey were stuck in de hangar with nuttin' to do.

Boudreaux say, 'Man, I wish we had someting to drink!'

Thibodeaux say, 'Me too. Y'know, I've heard you can drink de jet fuel and get a buzz. So dey pour demselves a couple of glasses of high octane gas and get demselves completely smashed.

De next morning Boudreaux wake himsef’ up and is surprised at how darn good he feels. In fack he feels GREAT! NO hangover! NO bad side effects. NUTTIN! Den de phone rings. It's Thibodeaux!

Thibodeaux say, 'Hey, how you are dis morning?'

Boudreaux say, 'Man, I feel great, how 'bout you?'

Thibodeaux say, 'I feel great, too. You don' have a hangover?'

Boudreaux say, 'No dat jet fuel is great stuff -- no hangover, nuttin’. We ought to do dis more often..'

Thibodeaux say, ' Yeah, well dey's just one t’ing.'

'What's dat?' says Boudreaux.

'Have you farted yet?' axes Thib.

'Mais No.' says Boudreaux.

'Well, DON'T - cause I'm in Shreveport!'

=================================================================

C’est tout, mes amis



Peggy Henshall

Cajun Stitchery

(850) 261-2462




P.S.  You are always welcome to stop by and look at all of the catalogs and pass some time with me, cher.

No comments:

Post a Comment