Sunday, August 26, 2012

Cajun Corner - Vol. 4, No. 32


Cajun Corner – Vol. 4, No. 32 – August 26, 2012

 

Bon Jour!  Welcome to Cajun Stitchery’s weekly email and welcome to our family.

 

ΘΘΘΘΘ

Don’t forget to visit our blog at www.cajunstitchery.blogspot.com, and www.cajunstitchery.etsy.com often.   We are also on Twitter and Facebook. 

Visit our on-line catalogs at:



This issue is a bit late only because I spent a glorious weekend with the girls in Mobile.  I’m all refreshed and revitalized.  Now, I guess, I need to get to work.  Just a few things to catch up on today and then I’ll be all about embroidery tomorrow.

We finished one visor order and are still working on a ball cap order.  Then a very nice pastor contacted me for some embroidery on his robe.  That is so nice.  I’ve never been contacted by a pastor for embroidery before.  Of course, then we have more antique embroidery and digitizing to do.  And the girls need new tee shirts, so that’s coming up as soon as I can order them.

Isaac has not completely lost my attention.  A few years ago I became disgusted with the weather journalism.  I do realize that hurricanes are serious weather conditions but it just seems like the weather reported in the media is out for more drama than is necessary.  One of my cousins was a journalist and explained to me many years ago that good journalism is to report the facts without leaning the information in any particular direction.  Just report the facts.  The reported weather these days actually scares people.  There is a tropical storm.  Well, it could turn into a hurricane.  Maybe we can slip up here and there and call it Hurricane Isaac.  Let’s show people the effects of a terrible hurricane and associate that with Isaac.  Now let’s show people death tolls from other catastrophic events.  Well, without going into more of a tirade, I simply visit www.noaa.com occasionally and see the official report.  I know it could turn into a hurricane and I also know that it could turn in a totally different direction and not even bring rain.  We are prepared but not going off the deep end.

This week’s sale:  purple market baskets for $20 each, plus the cost of embroidery, if you want embroidery.

Have a wonderful week.

If you are not a subscriber and would like to receive Cajun Corner weekly, please email cajunstitchery@yahoo.com and let me know to put you on our email list. 

True?  I don’t know.  But I found this at http://www.ahajokes.com/laws018.html:


 


Louisiana Crazy Law


 


· It is illegal to gargle in public places.

·  It is illegal to rob a bank and then shoot at the bank teller with a water pistol.

·  Biting someone with your natural teeth is "simple assault," while biting someone with your false teeth is "aggravated assault."

New Orleans


·  It is illegal for a woman to drive a car unless her husband is waving a flag in front of it.

·  You may not tie an alligator to a fire hydrant.

 

 

 

C’est tout, mes amis

 

Peggy Henshall

Cajun Stitchery

(850) 261-2462


 

P.S.  You are always welcome to stop by and look at all of the catalogs and pass some time with me, cher.

No comments:

Post a Comment