Sunday, December 16, 2012

Cajun Corner - Vol. 4, No. 48


Cajun Corner – Vol. 4, No. 48 – December 16, 2012

 

Bon Jour!  Welcome to Cajun Stitchery’s weekly email and welcome to our family.

 

ΘΘΘΘΘ

Don’t forget to visit us at www.cajunstitchery.com, www.flickr.com/photos/cajunstitchery, and, www.cajunstitchery.etsy.com often.   We are also on Twitter and Facebook. 

Visit our on-line catalogs at:



The other day a lady sent me an email telling me she thought my orange mermaid towel for sale in our Etsy Store is beautiful.  One thing led to another and we are now friends.  She lives in Fairbanks, Alaska and does embroidery out of her home.  She sells her embroidery on EBay and Etsy.   It has been nice this weekend sharing embroidery stories with someone else in the profession.   She says the temperature up there was -47 degrees.  I told her that our temperature at the time was +47 degrees.   I really don’t think I could survive that kind of cold.  Burrrr!

We have been busy, busy, busy over here at Santa’s Little Workshop.  George is such a trooper and is helping me out with lots of the embroidery on tee shirts, towels and such.  I guess I should give him a Christmas bonus or, at least, a Christmas party.  Instead, we’ve been watching Christmas movies every night.

After Christmas there are more orders coming into the shop.  One is a fairly large ball cap order that we’ve been working with the gentleman on designing and quotes for about three months.  He is trying to get his fraternity brothers coordinated to purchase the ball caps.  This is not an easy job for him or anyone. 



Last night I went to a friend’s home for a little Christmas party with several girl friends.  While there, I discovered that there are more towel and tee shirt orders headed our way around the first of next year and into Mardi Gras.  I also discovered last night that I have been working so hard that I did not realize how much I needed to get out of the house.  It was a delightful break.  All work and no play, you know?  Several of the girls recently returned home from a trip to New York City where they had a wonderful time.  They even had dinner with Al Pacino.  Oooooo!

Things have been selling on Etsy.  Last week we sold our last Union Thug can wrap.  The other day I received an email from my friend in Abbeville telling me that there is a Facebook page for Union Thug items.  She went to our Etsy store but could not find the can wrap.  I looked on Facebook and there seem to be several Union Thug pages.  I put a picture of the can wrap on one of the pages. 

Remember the little purse that I made in-the-hoop a couple of weeks ago.  It sold tonight.

Talk about ADD!  I went into the studio tonight fully intending to make more Union Thug can wraps and little purses.  I ended up going through a box full of can wraps – none were Union Thug – and talked on the phone for awhile.  When I got off the phone, I took pictures of several of the can wraps and put those in the Etsy store and left the studio.   Uh oh, guess what I forgot to do. lol

Mardi Gras is just around the corner.  Our beach parade is Sunday, February 10th.  Here we go again, the most wonderful, crazy time of the year.   Speaking of Mardi Gras, please visit www.pensacolabeachmardigras.com often.  Learn about our beach krewes.  Look at photographs.  And don’t miss Cajun Stitchery’s ad.

The shooting at the elementary school in Connecticut this past week took the breath right out of me, as I know it did so many others.  Having lost a child ourselves, George and I are praying for the living victims.  May God send his angels to hold these people together when they feel as though their insides are crumbling into dust?

Have a Wonderful Week.

If you are not a subscriber and would like to receive Cajun Corner weekly, please email cajunstitchery@yahoo.com and let me know to put you on our email list. 
 
No time to read Cajun Corner?  Visit our blog at www.cajunstitchery.blogspot.com and click the Odiogo button to hear the computer read the blog.
* * *
Found the following at http://www.funfunnyfacts.com/
 
23% of all photocopier faults worldwide are caused by people sitting on them and photocopying their butts.
 
A lot of lovemaking can unblock a stuffy nose. Sex is a natural antihistamine. It can help combat asthma and hay fever.
* * *
C’est tout, mes amis
Peggy Henshall
Cajun Stitchery
(850) 261-2462
P.S.  You are always welcome to stop by and look at all of the catalogs and pass some time with me, cher.

No comments:

Post a Comment