Sunday, May 26, 2013

Cajun Corner - Vol. 5, No. 20

 
 
 
 

Cajun Corner – Vol. 5, No. 20 – May 26, 2013

 

Bon Jour!  Welcome to Cajun Stitchery’s weekly email and welcome to our family.

 

ΘΘΘΘΘ

Don’t forget to visit us at www.cajunstitchery.com, www.flickr.com/photos/cajunstitchery, and, www.cajunstitchery.etsy.com often.   We are also on Twitter and Facebook. 

Visit our on-line catalogs at:



Happy Memorial Day weekend everyone!

A dear friend of mine is going to be a grandmother.  She wants the child to refer to her as “Your Highness.”  Another friend became a grandmother earlier this past week.  And another friend has recently become a grandmother for the second time. Cajun Stitchery better start getting baby stuff in stock.

One of my friends has given me a baby blanket to embroider for her new grandson.  I’ve been playing around with ideas for the monogram.  She was so sweet and told me that it was up to me what I embroidered and how, but I still check with her.  You never know if something that you think looks great may be something someone else doesn’t like.

Around 9 a.m. one morning this week the phone rang.  It was a lady who wanted some monograms on napkins.  It turned out that she and her husband recently moved to Pensacola from Arizona.   She is a sweet lady who wanted me to monogram some napkins for her sister.  The monograms were done and she called to say that her husband would pick them up on his way home from work.  Later in the afternoon she arrived at the door.  When her husband got home from work she asked if he picked up the napkins.  His reply was, “what napkins?”  She was very pleased with the monograms and we became friends.

One interesting project this week was a clock face.  I wanted to change out the clock face on one of Mama’s wall clocks with an embroidered clock face with sewing notion designs.  The embroidery turned out really nice.  George took off the cover of the clock and the second, minute and hour hands.  The new clock face fit perfectly inside the frame. Then George went to reinstall the 3 hands.  Well, that didn’t work so we began learning about clocks.  George is going out this week to get a new clock mechanism and we will finish the clock.  It was fun looking through all of the clock face embroidery designs that we have and learning how to put clocks together.  There is another clock of Mama’s that I’m thinking about embroidering a clock face and replacing the old.  Who knows, we may be able to start selling embroidered clocks.  Just imagine a clock face with your monogram; or, we could embroider baby designs for a clock in a baby’s nursery. 

We were laughing this week because I must really be getting old.  I noticed a box in the master bedroom and went to see what was in it.  When I entered the room, I noticed some ball caps on the bed.  I then picked up the ball caps to photograph them and list them on Etsy.  I walked out of the master bedroom and as I passed the cutting room, I went in there because I had begun a project of making the horse embroideries into placemats.  I saw in the trash basket a couple of pair of scissors that were dull and picked them up to take outside to use for gardening.  As I walked through the kitchen, I noticed that I had earlier started to make myself a cup of coffee.  So, I made the coffee and went outside with the scissors.  We laughed because I’ve read this joke on Facebook only this was my life and not a joke.

Thank you to everyone who so kindly replied to last week’s Cajun Corner concerned about Evie.  The very next day she awoke just fine and has been her usual Evie since.  I guess she just had a bad day.

Have a wonderful week.

If you are not a subscriber and would like to receive Cajun Corner weekly, please email cajunstitchery@yahoo.com and let me know to put you on our email list. 

No time to read Cajun Corner?  Visit our blog at www.cajunstitchery.blogspot.com and click the Odiogo button to hear the computer read the blog.

Memorial Day was declared a federal holiday in 1971. We now, designate this day to remember loved ones who have passed on, as well as remembering our service men and women. Flowers and flags are placed on graves in remembrance of them. Parades and dedications of memorials usually are part of the day's activities. Boy Scouts, Girl Scouts, local marching bands, members of the armed service, fire departments, police departments, and fraternal orders often march in parades and attend ceremonies to commemorate the day.

Peggy Henshall
Cajun Stitchery
(850) 261-2462
 
P.S.  You are always welcome to stop by and look at all of the catalogs and pass some time with me, cher.

No comments:

Post a Comment