Friday, June 21, 2013

Cajun Corner - Vol. 5, No. 24


Cajun Corner – Vol. 5, No. 24 – June 21, 2013

 

Bon Jour!  Welcome to Cajun Stitchery’s weekly email and welcome to our family.

 

ΘΘΘΘΘ

Don’t forget to visit us at www.cajunstitchery.com, www.flickr.com/photos/cajunstitchery, and, www.cajunstitchery.etsy.com often.   We are also on Twitter and Facebook. 

Visit our on-line catalogs at:



A friend of mine is planning a dinner for about 50 people tomorrow night.  Several of the girls are bring appetizers and side dishes.  I offered to bring the bread since I do know how to use my bread maker but was told that I was bringing Cherries In The Snow.  This is a dish that I learned to make many, many years ago.  I was surprised that the girls knew I could make this but they said that a very long time ago I brought it to a function.  Well, you know what.  I forgot how to make it.  I had to look it up online.  The recipes I found don’t make it the way I remember, so we are winging it.  It isn’t just Cherries In The Snow.  It is Cherries In The Snow for 50 people.  I have set aside all day tomorrow to make this delicacy.  As a back-up, I did ask one of the girls to please also bring dessert just in case I had a catastrophe.  Say prayers.

The Pensacola Beach mystery continues.  Several more girls have received gnomes in their front yards this week.  I have an idea of who it may be, but nothing concrete. 

This week has been filled with embroidery and orders.  However, everything is a secret.  So, there are no pictures this week.

Insofar as the flour sack towels are concerned, one friend stopped by this week and said that is, indeed, the type of fabric that held her grandmother’s flour.  Another friend came by and said, “No, that’s gauze.”  Nevertheless, they are fabulous towels.  Everyone should have some.

There was an invasion in the garden this week.  Tomato horn worms chewed up a large portion of my favorite tomato plant.  Ewww, those are some ugly creatures.  They are all dead now.  We’ve been watching for another onslaught but so far so good.

Several weeks ago a friend of mine gave me a large bag of dog treats that her dog wouldn’t eat.  That was not a problem for my dogs, who enjoyed every bite.  It was only proper that they should thank their donator.  They sent a thank you card to Peanut Lewis.

We went through another 3 box of Mama’s stuff this week.  There were music cd’s and DVDs.  Remarkably they still work.  Also in one of the boxes were photo albums.  Those were totally destroyed.  The photos just had a haze over there and nothing distinguishable.  That was sad.  It made me think:  when is the last time I looked at our photo albums?  For the last 10 years my photos are on my computer.  It has been more than 10 years since I’ve actually looked at the photo albums in the closet.

Well folks, I have to spend the rest of the evening planning tomorrow’s baking extravaganza. 

Have a wonderful week.

If you are not a subscriber and would like to receive Cajun Corner weekly, please email cajunstitchery@yahoo.com and let me know to put you on our email list. 

No time to read Cajun Corner?  Visit our blog at www.cajunstitchery.blogspot.com and click the Odiogo button to hear the computer read the blog.

CHERRIES IN THE SNOW

1 angel food cake

1 can cherry pie filling

Cream Cheese

Whipped Cream

Place the angel food cake in a deep dish.  Tear it apart to make it form the dish.  Combine the cream cheese and whipped cream and spread that over the angel food cake in the dish.  Open the can of cherry pie filling and spread on top of the rest of the stuff.

Optional:  I’m not sure if it was whipped cream or sour cream that you mix with the cream cheese.  Maybe it was all three.

Cajun Stitchery
(850) 261-2462
P.S.  You are always welcome to stop by and look at all of the catalogs and pass some time with me, cher.

No comments:

Post a Comment