Sunday, June 9, 2013

Cajun Corner - Vol. 5, No. 22

 
 
 
 
 

Cajun Corner – Vol. 5, No. 22 – June 8, 2013

 

Bon Jour!  Welcome to Cajun Stitchery’s weekly email and welcome to our family.

 

ΘΘΘΘΘ

Don’t forget to visit us at www.cajunstitchery.com, www.flickr.com/photos/cajunstitchery, and, www.cajunstitchery.etsy.com often.   We are also on Twitter and Facebook. 

Visit our on-line catalogs at:



Wednesday was the All Krewe Fiesta Ball.  My King and I were presented to Tristan de Luna and his Queen and presented with a medallion.  It was very nice and proper.  Well, except for my King who is never totally proper but we love him anyway.  George tried to take pictures but some man kept moving in front of the camera and all George got was a picture of the back of a head.  There was a guy taking pictures as each King and Queen descended the stage.  However, I cannot seem to find any photos in our local paper or on the internet.  A friend was also taking pictures but she hasn’t posted any of them yet.  Guess I’ll call the Fiesta office and see if they know who was taking the photos. 

There wasn’t much work done on Wednesday since we had to prepare for the ball that evening.  I sat at my computer polishing my nails and creating baby bib designs that I was posting on Facebook.  There were some really cute designs.  One, I believe I’ll make for my great grandbaby.

Thursday evening I found out that our krewe was having a meeting on Friday night and celebrating one of our krewe member’s birthday.  So, Friday was spent digitizing and embroidering her krewe tee shirt that I’m giving to each of the girls this year for their birthdays.  The embroidery isn’t difficult to do but adding the rhinestones is time consuming.  By the time she arrived at my house with another of our girlfriends I was still working on the rhinestones.  I finally finished the rhinestones and gave her present to her right there. 

I also had a simple embroidery job to do for my friend.  Since she took my crown to have it fixed and brought it back to me yesterday, I just called it even on the embroidery job.

While here my two friends took a tour of the new house.   The birthday girl was spending the night with me after our meeting.  When I showed the girls the guest room, one of them said, “Has that bed been here all the time?”  That is how crowded that little room was before we moved the machines next door.  They didn’t even know there was a bed in that room.

My friend who spent the night is a Master Gardener in Mobile.  She brought me what appeared to be a truck load of bushes and assortment of plants.  George worked in the yard all day today planting and has more to plant tomorrow.

Talking about the house next door, I finally emptied the last box in the house of Mama’s stuff.  Don’t get me wrong, there are many boxes remaining in the garage but it was so nice to empty the ones in the house.  I picked up as much as I could, vacuumed, and can even see a bit of counter space now.  We are ready to bring another load of boxes in the house.  The Mission boxes are filled to capacity and I’m really thinking about taking them to the Mission before going further, just to get them out of the house.  If anyone wants to go through the Mission items, please come over and do so soon.  If you find something you want, it is yours for free.  We need room for Mission boxes for the next load of boxes coming into the house.

Have a wonderful week.

If you are not a subscriber and would like to receive Cajun Corner weekly, please email cajunstitchery@yahoo.com and let me know to put you on our email list. 

No time to read Cajun Corner?  Visit our blog at www.cajunstitchery.blogspot.com and click the Odiogo button to hear the computer read the blog.

Big thank you to my friend Sandy for the following:

Its getting that time again...Flea & Tick Remedy

8 oz apple cider vinegar
4 oz warm water
1/2 tsp salt
1/2 tsp baking soda

Mix dry ingredients first then slowly add to wet as the vinegar and baking soda will react slightly. Put into spray bottle and spray pets down. Be careful not to get in pets eyes.

Use Borax throughout the house; sprinkle it on the carpets and let sit for a few hours, and then vacuum. This should kill all the fleas and ticks in your home and on your pets.
https://www.facebook.com/groups/365597543511890/

Another big thank you to Sandy for the following:

Thibodeaux and Boudreaux entered a chocolate store. As they were looking at the
candy, Thibodeaux stole 3 chocolate bars. When they left the store Thibodeaux
said to Boudreaux, "I'm the best thief, I stole 3 chocolate bars and no one saw
me put them in my pocket. You can’t beat that.

Boudreaux replied: "You want to see something better? Let's go back to the
shop and I'll show you real stealing."  I'll steal while the shopkeeper
is watching me and he won't even know.

So they went to the counter and Boudreaux said to the shopkeeper: "Do you want
to see a great magic trick?" The shopkeeper replied: "Yes".  Boudreaux
said: "Give me three chocolate bars." The shopkeeper gave him three chocolate
bars and Boudreaux ate all three.

The shopkeeper asked: "But where's the magic?"
Boudreaux replied: "Look in Thibodeaux's pocket."

Cajun Stitchery
(850) 261-2462
P.S.  You are always welcome to stop by and look at all of the catalogs and pass some time with me, cher.

No comments:

Post a Comment