Sunday, October 27, 2013

Cajun Corner - Vol. 5,No.52


Cajun Corner – Vol. 5, No. 52 – October 27, 2013

 

Bon Jour!  Welcome to Cajun Stitchery’s weekly email and welcome to our family.

 

ΘΘΘΘΘ

Don’t forget to visit us at www.cajunstitchery.com, www.flickr.com/photos/cajunstitchery, and, www.cajunstitchery.etsy.com often.   We are also on Twitter and Facebook. 

Visit our on-line catalogs at:



I guess that’s one FaceBook friend down.  I have all of these 4,000+ FaceBook friends and today I’ve been messaging one of them and she me, back and forth.  In response to her last message I suppose I got a bit over zealous in responding and wrote a very long response.  After I sent the message, I noticed she got off of FaceBook.  Why oh why can’t I say anything briefly?

The Mermaid Room is looking better now.  The curtains are not exactly as I imagined they would turn out, but they will do for now.  There are just so many projects and decorating to do in that house.

We embroidered some adorable Halloween flour sack towels this week.  Mermaids were required and I saw this really cute artwork of a witch mermaid riding on a trident in front of the moon.  The digitizing was done and the Happy Halloween was a stock design.  It was all put together and turned out pretty darn cute.

On Friday the federal court called with a message that they don’t need me for jury duty on Monday.  So, it is back to work on Monday for me.

Windows 8 is a piece of cake.  At first we were leery about it because the periodicals said it is so different from Windows 7.  However, you can turn the screen into the Windows 7 screen.  The functions are a bit different.  Everything seems to take an extra step to do, but it really isn’t that difficult.  Of course, the internet is the same.

The plumbing in the green house a/k/a Studio still isn’t working perfectly.  Our handyman was called and after using his 30 foot auger, decided that the septic tank needs to be drained.  Those people are coming on Tuesday.  Oh hurray.  Hope that works.

HAPPY HALLOWEEN
If you are not a subscriber and would like to receive Cajun Corner weekly, please email cajunstitchery@yahoo.com and let me know to put you on our email list. 

No time to read Cajun Corner?  Visit our blog at www.cajunstitchery.blogspot.com and click the Odiogo button to hear the computer read the blog.

Thank you Bob for the following:

I hate it when old people poke me at wedding and say "You're next!"   So I have started doing the same thing at funerals.

Politicians and diapers have one thing in common. They should both be changed regularly, and for the same reason.

A lawyer returns to his parked BMW to find the head lights broken and considerable damage. Theres no sign of the offending vehicle but he's relieved to see that there is a note stuck under the windshield wiper. " Sorry. I just backed into your Beemer. The witnesses who saw the accident are nodding and smiling at me because they think I'm leaving my name, address and other particulars. But I'm not."

"If there are any idiots in the room, will they please stand up" said the sarcastic teacher. After a long silence, one freshman rose to his feet. "Now then mister, why do you consider yourself an idiot?" enquired the teacher with sneer. "Well, actually I don't," said the student, "but I hate to see you standing up there all by yourself."

Fred and his wife Edna went to the state fair every year. Every year Fred would say, "Edna, Id like to ride in that there airplane." And every year Edna would say, "I know Fred, but that airplane ride costs ten dollars, and ten dollars is ten dollars." One year Fred and Edna went to the fair and Fred said, "Edna, Im 71 years old. If I dont ride that airplane this year I may never get another chance." Edna replied, "Fred that there airplane ride costs ten dollars, and ten dollars is ten dollars." The pilot overheard them and said, "Folks, Ill make you a deal. I'll take you both up for a ride. If you can stay quiet for the entire ride and not say one word, I won't charge you, but if you say one word it's ten dollars." Fred and Edna agreed and up they go. The pilot does all kinds of twists and turns, rolls and dives, but not a word is heard. He does all his tricks over again, but still not a word. They land and the pilot turns to Fred, "By golly, I did everything could think of to get you to yell out, but you didn't." Fred replied, "Well, I was gonna say something when Edna fell out, but ten dollars is ten dollars."

Cajun Stitchery

(850) 261-2462
P.S.  You are always welcome to stop by and look at all of the catalogs and pass some time with me, cher.

No comments:

Post a Comment