Sunday, December 1, 2013

Cajun Corner - Vol. 5, No. 56



 
Cajun Corner – Vol. 5, No. 56 – December 1, 2013

 

Bon Jour!  Welcome to Cajun Stitchery’s weekly email and welcome to our family.

 

ΘΘΘΘΘ

Don’t forget to visit us at www.cajunstitchery.com, www.flickr.com/photos/cajunstitchery, and, www.cajunstitchery.etsy.com often.   We are also on Twitter and Facebook. 

Visit our on-line catalogs at:



The robe orders were completed last week.  They really turned out nice.

Remember the mystery of the gnomes?  One of our friends finally confessed that she is the gnominator.  Since I missed giving her a birthday present, a nice tee shirt with “I am the gnominator” was embroidered with a red and green gnome on the top.  She received her gift today and loved it.

I had received an adorable gnome but I didn’t tell anyone for a long time.  George and I decided that if I don’t say anything it might flush out the real gnominator.  After all was said and done, it turned out that a couple of other girls were trying to flush out the gnominator and they actually gave the Saints gnomes to another friend.  They told me that their next step was going to be stealing the gnomes from people’s homes.  Luckily, they didn’t have to go that far before we found out the true identity.  Today I found out that although the one was the ringleader, there were several devious accomplices to the gnome antics.  Oh what a fun summer we had trying to figure out the mystery.

Thanksgiving was quiet around here.  I did the usual turkey dinner cooking and we have eaten off of that for about 4 days now.  I don’t plan on cooking again until Christmas.  Well, there are the 2 parties where I promised to make cherries in the snow, again.  I think I’ll drink something containing alcohol while I’m cooking so I don’t get so stressed over it all.

The studio is decorated for Christmas.  At least the front room is decorated and looking good.  There are lots of tee shirts, towels and all sorts of stuff that we sell on display in the front room.  The working rooms are looking like Santa’s workshop.

We have sold a lot of fleur de lis items.  As soon as they are sold, I’m at the machine making more.  The handkerchiefs just floor me but I love making them and people love buying them.

This has got to be a banner year for the Etsy store.  Although people purchase a variety of items from the store, by far the biggest sellers are the handkerchiefs. 

Gosh, this season we have embroidered robes, kitchen towels, pot holders, aprons, towels, tee shirts, polo shirts and tomorrow a customer is coming in to have Christmas stockings monogrammed.  Oh yes, I’ve embroidered another chef’s hat.

In the meantime, another mask for glasses design, a turtle, has been created.  That makes three designs for the mask.  Now I need to make lots and lots of each design and sell them.

My new friend at The Mardi Gras Store in Pensacola has a very nifty way of selling her wares.  I’ll let her explain it:

“Krewe parties! We book krewes for a meeting or party at our facility. We provide light Hors d'Oeuvres and mixers, and they provide their own adult beverages. Then they have special pricing while they shop at our store! We'll hold for pickup or delivery, or you can cash and carry like anywhere else! We also offer layaway to krewe members.”

I would love for the Nereids to do this and see what is available locally.  It is time that Pensacola has its own Mardi Gras store.

Today was our annual SOB Brunch at Flounders on Pensacola Beach.  This is one of those gatherings that I look forward to all year long.  The SOB’s are a great group of wonderful, wacky women.

HAVE A wonderful week
If you are not a subscriber and would like to receive Cajun Corner weekly, please email cajunstitchery@yahoo.com and let me know to put you on our email list. 

No time to read Cajun Corner?  Visit our blog at www.cajunstitchery.blogspot.com and click the Odiogo button to hear the computer read the blog.

Thank you Bob for the following:

Four best friends met at the hospital since their wives were giving births to their babies. The nurse comes up to the first man and says, "Congratulations, you got twins." The man said "How strange, I'm the manager of Minnesota Twins." After awhile the nurse comes up to the second man and says, "Congratulations, you got triplets." Man was like "Hmmm, strange I worked as a director for the "3 Musketeers." Finally, the nurse comes up to the third man and says Congratulations, you got twins x2." Man is happy and says, "Ironic, I work for the hotel "4 Seasons." All three of them are happy until they see their last buddy jumping all over the place, cursing God and banging his head on the wall. They asked him what's wrong and he answered, "What's wrong? "I work for 7up!"

Also from Bob:

There were two guys working for the city. One would dig a hole - he would dig, dig, dig. The other would come behind him and fill the hole - fill, fill, fill. These two men worked furiously; one digging a hole, the other filling it up again. A man was watching from the sidewalk and couldn't believe how hard these men were working, but couldn't understand what they were doing. Finally he had to ask them. He said to the hole digger, "I appreciate how hard you work, but what are you doing? You dig a hole and your partner comes behind you and fills it up again!" The hole digger replied, "Oh yeah, must look funny, but the guy who plants the trees is sick today."

Cajun Stitchery

(850) 261-2462
P.S.  You are always welcome to stop by and look at all of the catalogs and pass some time with me, cher.

No comments:

Post a Comment