Friday, September 4, 2009

Cajun Corner Vol 1, No 15 - September 4, 2009

Cajun Corner – Vol. 1, No. 15 – September 4, 2009
Bon Jour! Welcome to Cajun Stitchery’s weekly email and welcome to our family.
ΘΘΘΘΘ

Are we really already in September? OMG! Time is just flying by these days. We have one month until the Arts & Wine Festival and both of the embroidery machines are humming along. One of my friends swears that I have ADD. I’ll be working on a project and thinking about 10 or 20 other projects that I’d love to create. There is never enough time. I guess it is ADD when I keep adding projects but someday I’ll have SUBTRACT and we’ll finish those projects.

My neighbor emailed me this week and told me about a great sale at Winn-Dixie for one of those outdoor canopies for $19.99. We bought one. That was a great sale. We’ve been looking at those things for a few months now and the cheapest we could find on Craigslist was $45.00. So, woohoo, for the great Winn-Dixie canopy sale. Now we need folding tables to put under the canopy at the festival.

Tuesday night our usual neighborhood gang went to our usual Bands on the Beach. A couple of weeks ago we met a nice lady at this gathering who happened to be sitting nearby. We are a rather rowdy group and she just joined right in with us. She was there again this week and we had a very enjoyable time with her and her husband. It was our second meeting and so, like the second date, I felt it was okay to exchange telephone numbers. The following day I received a call from her thanking us. For what? It turns out that she has had a really rough few years: she survived cancer; she was in a terrible automobile accident and the at fault driver died in her arms, and she was left injured and having to foot all of the medical bills; and finally she was laid off of work and is still seeking employment. She told me that after so many tragedies in her recent life, her family and friends have more or less become numb to it and seem to indicate to her to “get over it” or they just avoid being around her. It meant so much to her to have new friends, even if it was just Tuesday evening friends. There is a lesson to be learned from this. You never know when God will use you to touch someone. Now you know that I’m not missing those Tuesday evenings; although, the last one for the year is the end of September.

Cajun Stitchery now has its own Sales Representative and it’s neither George nor me. It’s our friend, Lois. Welcome aboard, Lois. Lois has me doing all kinds of things for her right now – mainly pulling together a presentable price list that she can distribute. Early on I had a price list and then this friend or that friend wanted something and it just breaks my heart to charge my friends full price. Especially when I know that my friends are out there telling everyone about Cajun Stitchery. It just seems they deserve a “girlfriend discount.” My “business consultant” told me that I could either have a very expensive hobby or a lucrative business. It’s my choice. So, ladies and gentlemen, hold onto your panties because this business is going to work.

The question that has haunted me since the inception of this business is: Why would anyone want to hire me over another embroiderer? I think I’ve finally figured it out. You want to hire Cajun Stitchery because we are going to have a really good time. We will treat you fair. Our prices are not the cheapest, but neither is our quality. We also are not the most expensive. Everyone says that they have great customer service. I really doubt they have customer service like you will get with Cajun Stitchery. We won’t just lead you by the hand through your project. We are going to dance along the way and probably have a glass of wine and a joke or two. To me, good customer service with a smile, is laughing until you have tears in your eyes. By the time you wipe away those tears, you are amazed at the quality of work that you receive. And the quality of work is superior because we are enjoying you and the project so much. Along the way, if I see a fabric or thread color that I just think would be perfect for the project, I’m going to call or email you to see if you feel the same. If I see a sale on something that you are looking for, I’ll let you know. By the time the project is finished you will probably know that I have spent my life trying to lose weight and I’d really love to stop smoking, among many other things.

All of our projects can be seen on our blog at www.cajunstitchery.blogspot.com.

Always remember that we are just a call or email away at cajunstitchery@yahoo.com or 850-261-2462 and place your order.

ΘΘΘΘΘ

When Boudreaux was a little boy he was called "Tee-Boudreaux". "Tee Boudreaux" lived with his family in a house with no indoor plumbing. Instead they had an outhouse out in the back of the house. His dad, Papa Boudreaux, wanted the best he could get for the Boudreaux family. So they had a "two holer" outhouse so that two people could "go" at the same time.

One day Tee-Boudreaux and Papa Boudreaux were both in the outhouse when Tee-Boudreaux saw his Papa accidentally drop a quarter into the hole.

Tee-Boudreaux noticed his Papa thinking about something a while then reach into his pocket, pull out a dollar bill, and drop it into the hole where the quarter had gone.

Tee-Boudreaux saw this and said, "Mais, Papa what you dropped dat dollar bill into dat hole for?!".

Papa Boudreaux said, "May Tee-Boudreaux, I didn't have de heart do send you down dere for just a quarter!"

ΘΘΘΘΘ

French phrase of the week: drole (adj.) [DRAWL] 1. strange; bizarre; wierd. [Compare to SF drôle, meaning "humorous". The Cajun drole is rather pejorative.] C'est pas drole que... No wonder; it's not surpising that.

ΘΘΘΘΘ

This is from my friend, Courtney:

The next time you are washing your hands and complain because the water temperature isn't just how you like it, think about how things used to be. Here are some facts about the 1500s:

Most people got married in June because they took their yearly bath in May, and they still smelled pretty good by June.. However, since they were starting to smell . .. . brides carried a bouquet of flowers to hide the body odor. Hence the custom today of carrying a bouquet when getting married.

[Poo yie, now that’s conservation.]

Tips...

By Peter TongeStoves for People and Plants.

We all know that a wood stove is a great source of supplementary heat in the modern home, particularly valued when a power cut comes along. But did you know it's indirectly great for plants too? The creosote and soot you clean out of your chimney each year is a fertilizer, rich in slow-releasing nitrogen.

Please let me know if there is something that you would like to see in the weekly email. You may always call me at (850) 261-2462 or email me at cajunstitchery@yahoo.com.

If you are not a subscriber and would like to receive Cajun Corner weekly, please email cajunstitchery@yahoo.com and let me know to put you on our email list.

C’est tout, mes amis

Peggy Henshall

Cajun Stitchery

(850) 261-2462

cajunstitchery@yahoo.com

P.S. You are always welcome to stop by and look at all of the new catalogs and pass some time with me, cher.

Christmas is right around the corner – have you done your shopping yet? Take advantage of this week’s special and get ahead of the shopping rush.

No comments:

Post a Comment