Friday, September 25, 2009

Cajun Corner - Vol. 1, No. 18.

Cajun Corner – Vol. 1, No. 18 – September 25, 2009

Bon Jour! Welcome to Cajun Stitchery’s weekly email and welcome to our family.

ΘΘΘΘΘ
Countdown is here. The Pensacola Beach Arts & Wine Festival is a week away and Boudreaux is humming away. George is embroidering some absolutely gorgeous totes.  Just look at this:



We have the table, chairs and canopy. We purchased the cutest little red aprons which will carry our logo for myself and our two helpers. We have business cards galore. I still need to get the price list printed. The SOB and Shark alert patches are done, as well as wine coasters, placemats, and totes. There may be some special items that we have not mentioned and kept a secret. Come on out and you’ll see.

The triplets’ t-shirts were so adorable, we receive an order for an “I’m 2” t-shirt. It is such a cute design. I must say that a size 2T hardly fits in a hoop. They are so small. I know my children were that small once, but the shirt is so tiny. Children bring such joy. My friend who purchased the “I’m 2” told me that her daughter had just called so excited because “Logan poopied in the toilet!” We laughed and laughed. I do, indeed, remember being so excited about successful toilet training. There was a time I was concerned that my boys might never learn. Lol



The Christmas list order was completed and delivered. That is one very satisfied customer and one very satisfied sales lady. That was so much fun.
I’ve been so busy with business that I haven’t been shopping in quite some time. Last weekend George and I went around to local stores browsing and purchasing. We found the cutest little totes. They are made of that recycled plastic fabric seen at stores. These are just so cute that I picked up several. They would make really cute, special gift bags. They are on sale this week until they run out. So, first come first serve. The sale is the bag, plus a name or initials for $5.00.

I am so thrilled that several of our readers have contributed items for this e-newsletter. Please feel free to send jokes or interesting information for the newsletter and we’ll try to get it into the newsletter.

All of our projects can be seen on our blog at www.cajunstitchery.blogspot.com.

Always remember that we are just a call or email away at cajunstitchery@yahoo.com or 850-261-2462 and place your order.

ΘΘΘΘΘ

One day Boudreaux, his wife Clotile, Boudreaux's friend Pierre, and Pierre's wife Marie were talking. Clotile asked "Mais y'all, wat you tink is the most fastest ting in de world, huh?"

Pierre says, "Mais, Clotile, the fastest ting in the world is to tink a tought. Before you can tink a tought ... you've done tunk!"

Pierre's wife Marie thought about this some and she said "Mais, Pierre, I can tink of something faster den dat. I tink de fastest ting in the world is when you blink you eye. Before you can tink a tought, you've done blunked a blink."

After a while, Clotile says, "Mais I can tink of sometin faster den dat, I tink de fastest ting in de world is a light switch. When you flip dat switch, before you can tink a tought or before you blunk a blink, dat light comes on."

Boudreaux thinks about all this a while and says "Y'all are all wrong. De fastest ting in de world is diarrhea. One time I had dat diarrhea, and all of a sudden before I could tink, blink, or flip dat light on, I done messed in my pants! How bout dat?!"

ΘΘΘΘΘ

French phrase of the week: gaspiller (v.t.) [GAH SPEE YEH] to waste.

ΘΘΘΘΘ

This is from my friend, Angelie:

COFFEE FILTERS

Coffee filters..who knew! And you can buy 1,000 at the Dollar Tree

for a dollar.

1. Cover bowls or dishes when cooking in the microwave. Coffee

filters make excellent covers.

2. Clean windows and mirrors. Coffee filters are lint-free so they'll

leave windows sparkling.

3. Protect China separate your good dishes by putting a coffee filter

between each dish.

4. Filter broken cork from wine. If you break the cork when opening a

wine bottle, filter the wine through a coffee filter.

5. Protect a cast-iron skillet. Place a coffee filter in the skillet

to absorb moisture and prevent rust.

6. Apply shoe polish. Ball up a lint-free coffee filter.

7. Recycle frying oil. After frying, strain oil through a sieve lined

with a coffee filter.

8. Weigh chopped foods. Place chopped ingredients in a coffee filter

on a kitchen scale.

9. Hold tacos. Coffee filters make convenient wrappers for messy

foods.

10. Stop the soil from leaking out of a plant pot. Line a plant pot

with a coffee filter to prevent the soil from going through the drainage

holes.

11. Prevent a Popsicle from dripping. Poke one or two holes as needed

in a coffee filter.

12. Do you think we used expensive strips to wax eyebrows? Use strips

of coffee filters.

13. Put a few in a plate and put your fried bacon, French fries,

chicken fingers, etc on them. Soaks out all the grease.

14. Keep in the bathroom. They make great "razor nick fixers."

OH YEAH THEY ARE GREAT TO USE IN YOUR COFFEE MAKERS

Please let me know if there is something that you would like to see in the weekly email. You may always call me at (850) 261-2462 or email me at cajunstitchery@yahoo.com.

If you are not a subscriber and would like to receive Cajun Corner weekly, please email cajunstitchery@yahoo.com and let me know to put you on our email list.

C’est tout, mes amis

Peggy Henshall

Cajun Stitchery

(850) 261-2462

cajunstitchery@yahoo.com

P.S. You are always welcome to stop by and look at all of the new catalogs and pass some time with me, cher.

SALE OF THE WEEK (sale good through Thursday, October 1, 2009)

Sale: Tote bag, recycled plastic, size 11 ½” wide x 10 ½” tall x 3 ¾” gusset. Limited stock. First come, first serve. Bag plus embroidered name or initials for $5.00 plus sales tax/shipping.



Christmas is right around the corner – have you done your shopping yet? Take advantage of this week’s special and get ahead of the shopping rush.

Cajun Stitchery

No comments:

Post a Comment