Monday, July 19, 2010

All People Smile In The Same Language

Happy Monday, everyone.  As you know, Cajun Stitchery offers service with a smile.  I love smiles and I know the power of a smile.  This morning I ran across a quote, "All people smile in the same language," Proverb.  I love that quote.  So, I digitized it and put it in stitches -- the medium that I understad:>)

It was kind of an odd weekend.  The sleep schedule remains an issue and I've slept on and off all weekend but this morning I awoke at 6 a.m. and feel very rested.  I certainly hope that's  a good sign.

A couple of our customers purchased several items in the last couple of weeks and I happened to mention to each of them that it's as though they are trying to win the customer of the year award.  Both of them liked that and have re-ordered.  Hmmmm.  Maybe we should have a customer of the year award, but then I'd feel bad for all of our good customers who didn't win.

This weekend I began working on the scarves that I've been talking about for awhile.  None of the scarves are finished but when they are, they will be listed on Etsy.

Also, this weekend the camellia napkins, all 12 of them, were completed.  They really turned out nice and will be delivered on Wednesday.

The Hookers napkins were so much fun, especially creating the design.  They are completed and should be mailed today.

In our stash of stock designs a leopard print font jumped out at me.  I played around with it and did some stitching and there are some very interested people out there.  I need to do more with the leopard font.

The new tricot fabric, black with the white dots, has perplexed me.  I like the fabric a lot.  The problem is that when I embroider the lace designs on it, it just doesn't look right to me.  After staring at it for quite awhile I realized the problem.  Differing from the white fabric with the black dots, the tricot fabric has tiny dots fairly close together, compared to the white fabric with the black dots.  The lace has tiny stitches.  There is too much tiny going on.  Not to mention that black makes things look smaller.  That fabric is going to require something solid.  That poses another problem because the fabric is so lightweight that it won't hold heavy designs well.  I'm working on it and have a few ideas.

A lady friend of mine told me sometime ago that she doesn't like the generic t-shirts.  It doesn't look feminine and she doesn't like the neckline.  It's so tight.  I agree.  The problem is that women's t-shirts are so much more expensive than men's or generic.  That's a pet peeve.  The polo shirts, for instance, can be exactly the same for men and women with the one difference of the direction of the buttons, but women's polo shirts are more expensive than men's.  Why is that?  There isn't any more difficulty in making one than the other.  Anyway, I took a design that I've looked at for awhile and embroidered onto an old t-shirt and my vision was correct.  The design was a beautiful feminine neckline.  How do I explain this?  It's the neckline of a blouse.  Anyway, once embroidered onto the old t-shirt, I cut away the excess and voila, the shirt has a new, very feminine neckline.  It won't ravel because of the embroidery.  I need to play with this idea some more.  Pictures will be later.  This isn't the type of thing that you would hire Cajun Stitchery to do.  The embroidery and re-doing the shirt would be more expensive than the shirt is worth.  But if you like to sew or embroider, this would definitely be a really cool way of changing the look of your old generic t-shirts.  And it's so easy.  Even if you don't have an embroidery machine, this can be done by creating your own necklines on your shirt, cutting and hemming.  Always add some bling, if not embroidery, then beads, rhinestones or sequins.  Feel free to email me questions and we can work through the problems together.

C'est toute, mes amis

No comments:

Post a Comment